[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 02-23-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Wed Feb 23 16:05:24 EST 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 02-23-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Dizzy Gillespie - A Night In Tunisia - To Diz With Love (Telarc) 16:40

  BREAK

Part 2

Charlie Parker - Dizzy Atmosphere - The Complete "Birth Of BeBop" (Stash) 4:42
Esperanza Spalding - Winter sun - Chamber Music Society (Heads Up) [C] 6:48
Marcus Miller - Blast! - A Night In Monte-Carlo (Concord) [C] 7:47
Marcus Miller - Sp What - A Night In Monte-Carlo (Concord) [C] 7:34
Tom Luer - Black Hole Sun - Project Popular (Origin) [C][a] 8:23
Greg Abate Quintet - Speak Low - Bop Lives! (Blue Chip Jazz) 10:52
Jeremy Pelt - When The Time Is Right - The Talented Mr. Pelt (HighNote) 5:32

  BREAK

Part 3

Francis Coletta / Jonas Tauber - Body And Soul - Port Said Street (Origin) [C] 8:32
Michael Formanek - Tonal Suite - The Rub And Spare Change (ECM) [C][a] 17:10
Charlie Haden Quartet West ftr. Melody Gardot - If I'm Lucky - Sophisticated Ladies (Emarcy/Decca) [C] 5:41
Marty Nau Group - As Long As I Live - Mood Ebony (Summit) [C] 4:22
Gregory Porter - Skylark - Water (Motema Music) 8:17
Hubert Laws - Amazing Grace - Morning Star (CTI/Sony) [C] 4:53
Benny Goodman And His Orchestra - Blue Skies - Sing Me A Swing Song (Naxos Jazz Legends) 3:40

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56