[JPL] PLAYLIST: Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz - "Bess st of 2010 #5" (soulandjazz.com)

scott at soulandjazz.com scott at soulandjazz.com
Wed Feb 23 23:51:41 EST 2011

Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 42: “The Best of 2010, Part 5”

Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate, "The Jazz Evangelist"

This is the fifth episode of 2011 and the final in a series in which I’ve been stuck in the past; well, stuck in 2010. All the episodes thus far this year have been dedicated to covering the best artists, albums & songs of last year as suggested by you. So, after this episode I will be navigating Jazz in the present tense once more.

However, that doesn’t mean you have to stop sending suggestions! It has been wonderful hearing from so many of you, and sharing your musical taste and thoughts with the world at large – so, please, continue to write to Scott at SoulandJazz.com or join the conversation with me on Facebook & Twitter. I love to hear from you, and am always willing to consider anything you may have to offer.

Speaking of suggestions – this week’s for Best of 2010 include Raphael Saadiq, Garaj Mahal, Manu Katche, Yotam, Tamir Hendelman, The Marsalis Family, Tom Harrell, Paul Motian, Jason Moran, Alex Sipiagin & Soulive.

The fact that it’s taken five hours to fit all of your musical offerings in is a good indication that 2010 was a rather fine year for music… so I’m looking forward to seeing what the quality in 2011 will breed. Keep those ideas heading my way!

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz

Episode 42: “The Best Of 2010, Part 5”

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Raphael Saadiq - You’re The One That I Like - Live In Paris - 2010

Garaj Mahal - Witch Doctor - More Mr. Nice Guy - 2010

Manu Katche - Keep On Tripping - Third Round - 2010

Yotam - Daahoud - Resonance - 2010

Tamir Hendelman - Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Destinations - 2010

The Marsalis Family - Syndrome - Music Redeems - 2010

Tom Harrell - Year Of The Ox - Roman Nights - 2010

Paul Motian - Blue Midnight - Lost In A Dream - 2010

Jason Moran - Gangsterism Over 10 Years - Ten - 2010

Alex Sipiagin - Katrina Ballerina – Generations: Dedicated to Woody Shaw - 2010

Soulive - Drive My Car - Rubber Soulive - 2010