[JPL] The Jazz Session's 4th Anniversary Show with Grant Stewart

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Thu Feb 24 07:59:04 EST 2011

The Jazz Session #243: Grant Stewart (TJS 4th Anniversary Show!)

The Jazz Session started four years ago today with episode #1 — an
interview with saxophonist Grant Stewart. Four years, 243 episodes and
930,000 downloads later, The Jazz Session is still going strong. In the
introduction to this show, I take a moment to thank all the people
who’ve made it possible, before welcoming my guest…

Grant Stewart returns to help celebrate the fourth anniversary, and to
talk about his new record, Around The Corner (Sharp Nine, 2010). In this
interview, Stewart discusses the idea of excellence versus the trend
toward originality; talks about his recent trips around the world to
play jazz; and outlines his own approach to playing the saxophone and
what fulfills him as an artist.

LISTEN:
http://thejazzsession.com/2011/02/24/the-jazz-session-243-grant-stewart-tjs-4th-anniversary-show/

--