[JPL] KGNU Jazz and Beyond Playlist, 2/22/11

ecerb at indra.com ecerb at indra.com
Thu Feb 24 14:07:26 EST 2011

I got called in to sub this week on jazz.  Fun time.

Jazz and Beyond with EC on 2/22/2011 from 09:00 PM to 12:00 AM

 Dave Holland & Pepe Habichuela	  Hands	  Puente Quebaro
 Dave Holland & Pepe Habichuela	  Hands	  Hands
 Tomas Janzon	  Experiences	  Float
 Patricia Barber	  Modern Cool	  Touch of Trash
 Chucho Valdes & The Afro-Cuban Messengers	  Chucho's Steps	  Begin To Be
Good
 	  -Voice Break-
 Various Artists	  Jazz at the Concertgebouw 4	  Ben Van Gelder Trio - The
One That Got Away
 Pickpocket Ensemble	  Memory	  Sometimes Never
 Billy Tipton Memorial Sax Quartet	  Sunshine Bundtcake	  Stompin' At the
Cranium
 Ben Goldberg	  Go Home	  Lace
 	  -Voice Break	-
 Adia Ledbetter	  Take 2: Rendezvous with Yesterdays	  Rendezvous With
Yesterdays
 Adia Ledbetter	  Take 2: Rendezvous with Yesterdays	  Beautiful Love
 Richard Galliano	  Ruby, My Dear	  L'Insidieuse
 Ottmar Liebert + Luna Negra	  Petals on the Path	  On the Road to Shiraz
 BANN	  As You Like	  Days of Old
 	  -Voice Break-
 Pierre Bensusan	  Intuite	  Intuite
         Note:  In performance this Saturday at Swallow Hill, Denver
 The Claudia Quintet w/Gary Versace	  Royal Toast	  Zurn
 Plunge	  Dancing on Thin Ice	  Friday Night at the Top
 Edward Ratliff	  Those Moments Before	  Well-Dressed and Elegant
 	  -Voice Break-
 Esperanza Spalding	  Chamber Music Society	  Apple Blossom
 Don Byron	  Romance With the Unseen	  Sad Twilight
 Matthew Shipp	  Art of the Improviser	  Virgin Complex
 Nils Petter Molvaer	  Hamada	  Sabkah
 Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden	  Jasmine	  One Day I'll Fly Away
 	  -Voice Break-
 Bill Frisell & Vinicius Cantuaria	  Lagrimas Mexicanas	  Calle 7
 ALLOY ORCHESTRA	  NEW MUSIC FOR SILENT FILM	  Garden of Earthly Delights
 Darrell Katz & Jazz Composer's Alliance	  A Wallflower in the Amazon	  It
Brings New Hope They Say
 Lizz Wright	  Salt	  Afro Blue
 Yeahwon Shin	  Yeahwon	  Memoria e Fado

Jazz and Beyond is heard Tuesday and Thursday evenings on KGNU
Boulder/Denver.

Please send submissions to:
John Schaefer, Music Director
KGNU
4700 Walnut St
Boulder CO 80301

You can hear this program for the next two weeks at
http://kgnu.org/audio/JazzAndBeyond_2011-02-22.mp3