[JPL] 156th Edition "Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 09:49:07 EST 2011

--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"
www.live365.com/stations/nancyann3839

03 If I Had You    4:06    Frank Sinatra    Everything Happens To Me
04 Two For The Road    4:26    Eric Comstock    Bittersweet
05 Wheelers And Dealers    4:09    Jane Stuart    Don't Look Back
05 Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams    5:44    Tamir Hendelman    Destinations
06 Somewhere In The Night    3:07    Ella Fitzgerald    The Best Is Yet To
Come
07 Gone With The Wind    5:57    Blue Mitchell    A Sure Thing
08 Too Late Now    5:11    Roberta Gambarini with Tamir Hendelman, piano
Easy to Love
09 A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square    5:43    Stanley Cowell    Jazz
Moods (Jazz By The Fire)

11 Falling In Love With Love    4:54    Ernestine Anderson    Nightlife
11 Love Me Or Leave Me    2:37    Billie Holiday    Lady Sings The Blues
12 Too Marvelous For Words    3:38    J.J. Johnson    Eminent (Vol. 2)
13 Trav¹lin¹ Light    3:35    Anita O'Day    Live in Tokyo 1963
14 I Thought About You    8:25    Freddie Bryant    Live At Smoke
15 What A Little Moonlight Can Do    4:15    Carol Sloane    The Songs
Carmen Sang
16 Bright Lights And You Girl    2:32    Bobby Troup    Kicks on 66
17 In Your Own Sweet Way    3:10    Tal Farlow    A Sign Of The Times

19 Falling In Love With Love    1:52    Frank Sinatra    The Complete
Reprise Studio Recordings
19 If Ever I Would Leave You    6:57    Chuck Mangione    Recuerdo
20 Since I Fell For You    5:22    Ernestine Anderson    Nightlife
21 Only Trust Your Heart    5:17    Dick Sudhalter    Melodies Heard,
Melodies Sweet
22 I Love Being Here With You    3:53    Connie Evingson    Fever: A Tribute
to Peggy Lee
23 All Blues - Marc Copland, Gary Peacock, Paul Motian    5:36    Marc
Copland    Voices - New York Trio Recordings
24 Blue In Green    6:49    Kurt Elling    The Gate

26 Some Other Time    6:46    Eric Alexander    Prime Time
27 Lonely Town    5:30    Shirley Horn with Quartet West and strings;
violin, Murray Adler    The Art of the Song

28 Every Day A Little Death (from A Little Night Music) - Grove    4:19
Grover Washington, Jr.    Color and Light: Jazz Sketches On Sondheim
29 A Time for Love / Small World Isn't It?    6:12    Irene Kral    Second
Chance
30 I'm Still Here (From "Follies") - Cleo Laine;Jonathan Tunick    5:33
Cleo Laine;Jonathan Tunick    Cleo Laine Sings Sondheim

32 Send In The Clowns (from 'A Little Night Music')    4:13    Frank Sinatra
Sinatra Collection   12:54 PM
33 Some thing's Coming From "West Side Story"    3:55    Oscar Peterson Trio
Jazz Like You've Never Heard It Before
34 Pretty Woman (from Sweeney Todd) - Peabo Bryson    4:39    Peabo Bryson
Color and Light: Jazz Sketches On Sondheim
35 Anyone Can Whistle (from Anyone Can Whistle) - Terence Blanc    4:58
Terence Blanchard;Nancy Wilson    Color and Light: Jazz Sketches On Sondheim
36 Somewhere    2:58    Cannonball Adderley    Late Night Sax
37 Lucky To Be Me    3:41    Bill Evans    Everybody Digs Bill Evans
[Keepnews Collection]
39 What Is this Thing Called Love?    3:41    Helen Merrill    The Helen
Merrill-Dick Katz Sessions
40 What Is This Thing Called Love - Bill Evans/Andy LaVerne    6:07
SteveDavis/AndyLaVerne    Double Time Records - Jazz Sampler
41 Blue Skies    5:55    Ronny Johansson Trio    Elegy
42 Blue Skies    3:38    Curtis Stigers    You Inspire Me
43 New Sun In The Sky    6:30    Russ Kassoff    Bird Fly By
44 Skylark    5:58    Paula West    Temptation
45 Skylark    4:59    Dave Robbins, Ian McDougall & 5 more trombones
Trombones Forever

47 Luck Be A Lady    5:15    Frank Sinatra    Nothing But The Best   40 PM
48 I've Never Been In Love Before    4:02    Joan Stiles    Love Call
49 I've Never Been in Love    2:21    Lorez Alexandria    Lorez Alexandria
the Great
50 Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year    4:32    Wynton Marsalis
Standard Time, Volume 5: The Midnight Blues
51 The Oldest Established (Permanent Floating Crap Game In New York)    2:47
Frank & Dean Martin    Rat Pack Live At The Sands
52 Slow Boat to China    4:06    David Basse    Like Jazz
53 I've Never Been in Love Before    2:22    Cannonball Adderley    Adderley
and Strings, Jump For Joy

55 Say It (Over And Over Again)    4:19    John Coltrane    Ballads
56 I See Your Face Before Me    5:04    Johnny Hartman    The Bridges Of
Madison County
57 Dancing In The Dark    3:13    Charlie Parker    Charlie Parker With
Strings: The Master Takes
58 Then I'll Be Tired of You    5:08    Roberto GambariniHankJones    You
Are There
59 Haunted Heart    6:20    The Tierney Sutton Band    On the Other Side
60 You and the Night and the Music    7:38    Stan Getz / Bill Evans Trio
But Beautiful

62 Ill Wind    3:48    Frank Sinatra    In The Wee Small Hours
63  Lullaby Of Birdland    4:15    George Shearing    Live At Treasury
Bandstand                    J
64 That's For Me    3:52    George ShearingErnestine Anderson    A Perfect
Match
65 Put On A Happy Face    4:17    Tal Farlow    A Sign Of The Times
66 Wild Is The Wind    5:37    Esperanza Spalding    Chamber Music Society
67 But Beautiful    3:58    Betty Carter    Her Jazz Greats (1955-1960)
68 Never Can Say Goodbye    5:52    Joey DeFrancesco    Never Can Say
Goodbye

70 If I Ruled the World    5:50    Freddy Cole    Because of You: Freddy
Cole Sings Tony Bennett
71 Sweet Lorraine    3:05    Nat King Cole    The Forgotten 1949 Carnegie
Hall Concert
72  Sweet & Lovely    6:17    David Hazeltine    Alice In Wonderland
73 It's Alright With Me    4:23    Connie Evingson    Stockholm Sweetnin
74 Goodbye    4:06    Eric Comstock    Bittersweet

76 You'd Be So Easy To Love    2:24    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise
Studio Recordings (Disc 1)
77 Make Believe    4:45    Monty Alexander    A Jerome Kern Songbook
78 It Could Happen to You (Minus-One)    2:38    Elli Fordyce    Something
Still Cool
79 If We Never Meet Again    3:25    Ken Peplowski    Illuminations
80 Where Can I Go Without You    3:46    Catherine Russell    Cat
81 Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered    6:05    One For All
Incorrigible
82 I'll Be Seeing You    5:18    Nancy Wilson    Turned to Blue
83 Wild Is Love    3:14    Pamela Luss    Your Eyes

85 The Things We Did Last Summer    4:39    Richie Kamuca    Jazz Erotica
86 Heart and Soul / I Wish I Didn't Love You So    5:20    Karen Oberlin
Karen Oberlin Live at the Algonquin
87 I Don't Want TO Walk Without You    3:13    Maxine Sullivan    Together.
Maxine Sullivan Sings The Music Of Jule Styne
88 It's You Or No One    4:07    J.J. Johnson    Eminent (Vol. 2)
89 Just InTime    2:51    Anita O'Day    Anita O'Day - Verve Jazz Masters 49
90 With A Song In My Heart    3:58    Randy Napoleon    NAPOLEON, Randy:
Between Friends
91 I Only Have Eyes For You    2:16    The Rat Pack    Rat Pack - Live At
The Sands
92 Just One Of Those Things    7:45    Lionel Hampton    Just One of Those
Things: Lionel Hampton Featuring Oscar Peterson on Verve
93 Norwegian Wood    5:39    Kurt Elling    The Gate
94 I Won't Cry Anymore    2:22    Count Basie    Count Basie Picks The
Winners
95 I'ts Easy To Remember    6:03    Karrin Allyson    Ballads