[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Feb 27 21:16:59 EST 2011

Folks...if there is a government shutdown this show will NOT air (don't ask...it's a long story...) but keep your fingers crossed.  Hell...keep your eyes crossed!

Russ Davis
MOJA & VOA
www.mojaradio.com
russ at mojaradio.com

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM Pacific). Go to the following url to get more info on Jazz America and to listen to the latest program in MP3 form or on Windows Media Player…(http://www1.voanews.com/english/programs/radio/64963177.html)

Listen on Shortwave:  1300 GMT/UTC Saturdays and Sundays

Africa - 4.95 6.08 13.57 15.58 17.895 mhz

Middle East and Europe - 12.005 15.53 mhz

Asia and Pacific - 7.43 7.575 9.7 12.15 mhz

Jazz America is also heard on affiliate FM & AM stations worldwide. International listeners should check their local radio station guide for more information. For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Jazz America with Russ Davis

105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424   email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1215...5-6 MARCH 2011

WES MONTGOMERY...road song (road song)

FLORA PURIM...love reborn (butterfly dreams)

* Kurt Rosenwinkel Interview

KURT ROSENWINKEL...cubism (enemies of energy)

PAT MARTINO...joyous lake (joyous lake)

VIJAY IYER & THIRTHA...duality (thirtha)

KURT ELLING…golden lady (the gate)

* Kurt Rosenwinkel Interview

KURT ROSENWINKEL & OJM...turns (our secret world)

KENNY BARRON...things unseen (things unseen)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1216...5-6 MARCH 2011

ORNETTE COLEMAN...street blues (tone dialing)

BOBBY McFERRIN...san ladeo (vocabularies)

* Kurt Rosenwinkel Interview

KURT ROSENWINKEL...blue line (heartcore)

JOEY DeFRANCESCO...30th street station (all of me)

CHRISTIAN McBRIDE...brother mister (kind of brown)

NANCY MARANO...this happy madness (magic)

* Kurt Rosenwinkel Interview

KURT ROSENWINKEL & OJM...zhivago (our secret world)

JIMMY SMITH...slow down saag (root down)

Next Show …SHOWS #1217-1218...12-13 MARCH 2011

Special Feature…THE BROTHERS MARSALIS: Backstage with Wynton & Branford!

Russ Davis takes you to New York City’s Jazz @ Lincoln Center complex to talk to

new NEA Jazz Masters Branford & Wynton Marsalis at the induction press conference

and backstage at the rehearsal for the following night’s induction performance.