[JPL] PLAYLISTS: Flotation Device & Bright Moments

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 07:22:32 EST 2011

I'm back part-time, still alternating with substitute hosts for awhile.  The
recovery following my surgery is slow but progress is being made.

Flotation Device

with Bill Barton

Sunday, February 27, 2011

10:00 p.m. - midnight

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

 (N) Exploding Star Orchestra – Three Blocks of Light – Stars Have Shapes –
Delmark

 [mike break]

 Continuum – Henry Cowell: Homage to Iran – Cowell: Homage to Iran-Piano
Pieces-Set of Five-Six Casual Developments-Two Songs – Naxos

 [mike break]

 (N) Marilyn Crispell & David Rothenberg – The Way of the Pure Sound (for
Joe Maneri) – One Dark Night I Left My Silent House – ECM

(N) Billy Bang & Bill Cole – Improvisation – Billy Bang & Bill Cole –
Shadrack Inc.

(N) (NW) Jesse Canterbury – Earth Beneath (Prologue) – Present Sounds

 [mike break]

 Maelstrom Percussion Ensemble – Lou Harrison: Fifth Simfony – Labrynth –
hat[now]ART

 [mike break]

 (NW) Daniel Barry – 3 Orbs – Music of the Spheres – Origin Classical

 (N) = new or recent release

(NW) = Pacific Northwest artist

__________________________

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, February 28, 2011

00h00 – 02h00

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

 Rahsaan Roland Kirk – One Nation – Blacknuss – Atlantic

(N) Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble – Mal-Lester – The Prairie Prophet
– Delmark

Kahil El'Zabar's Ritual Trio – Ju Ju Call – The Ancestors Are Amongst Us –
Katalyst

 [mike break]

 (N) Wadada Leo Smith & Ed Blackwell – Buffalo People: A Blues Ritual Dance
– Kabell

(N) (NW) Cuong Vu 4-tet – I Shall Never Come Back – Leaps of Faith – Origin

 [mike break]

 Mary Halvorson Quintet – Crack in Sky (No. 11) – Saturn Sings – Firehouse
12

Mary Halvorson/Reuben Radding/Nate Wooley – The Poor Chew Words to Fill
Their Stomachs – hatOLOGY

(N) (NW) Aeroplane Trio – They Came And Took Away Our Kittens – Naranja Ha –
Drip Audio

 [mike break]

 Steve Swell's Slammin' the Infinite – Where Are the Heartfelt? – 5000 Poems
– Not Two

(N) Joseph Daley's Earth Tones Ensemble – Gula (Gluttony) – The Seven Deadly
Sins – Jaro

(N) (NW) Reptet – Snow Leopard x3 – At the Cabin – ARC

 [mike break]

 (N) Roscoe Mitchell & The Note Factory – Ex Flover Five – Far Side – ECM