[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 02-28-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Mon Feb 28 16:58:11 EST 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 02-28-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Jack Cortner Big Band - Strike Up The Band - Sound Check (Jazzed Media) 4:42
Kenny Burrell - Blue Bossa - Be Yourself (HighNote) 11:40
Herb Alpert & Lani Hall - Berimbau (Concord) [C] 4:10

  BREAK

Part 2

Joe Lovano Us Five - Dexterity - Bird Songs (Blue Note) [C] 2:49
Joe Lovano Us Five - Dewey Square - Bird Songs (Blue Note) [C] 8:25
Bobby Matos Afro Latin Jazz Ensemble - Maiden Voyage - Beautiful As The Moon (Lifeforce Jazz) [C] 9:10
Roxy Coss - A New Time - Roxy Coss (self-released) [C] 7:25
Bob Sheppard - Close Your Eyes - Close Your Eyes (BFM Jazz) [C] 6:18
Francis Coletta & Jonas Tauber - Caravan - Port Said Street (Origin) [C] 6:46
Jonathan Kreisberg - Nice Work If You Can Get It - Shadowless (New For Now) [C][a] 8:26
Marc Courtney Johnson & The Dan Cray Trio - Until I Met You (Corner Pocket) - Marc Courtney Johnson & The Dan Cray Trio (self-released) 4:25

  BREAK

Part 3

Brad Mehldau - Lithium - Live In Marciac (Nonesuch) [C] 4:32
Omar Hakim / Rachel Z - Angry Chair - The Trio Of Oz (Ozmosis) [C][a] 6:09
Tom Luer - Jeremy - Project Popular (Origin) 7:49
Jeff Colianni - Heart Shaped Box - At Maybeck (Concord) 3:44
Tom Luer - Black Hole Sun - Project Popular (Origin) [C] 8:23

  BREAK

Roberta Gambarini & Hank Jones - Deep Purple - You Are There (Emarcy) 5:16
Roberta Gambarini & Hank Jones - Then I'll Be Tired Of You? - You Are There (Emarcy) 5:07
Hank Jones & Frank Wess - Barbados - Hank & Frank (Lineage) 3:56
Adia Ledbetter - Beautiful Love - Take 2: Rendezvous With Yesterday (self-released) [C][a] 4:38
Mac Gollehon - You're My Thrill - Mac Straight Ahead (American Showplace Music) [C] 4:37

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56