[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Jan 1,2010

Mark Dove jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 2 09:18:33 EST 2011

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM Jan 1,2010

Broadcasting from Brenau University in Gainesville Ga

Mark Dove brings the best of straight ahead jazz for three hours live. The show features interviews with local and nationally known artists.

Annie Sellick called in tonight to talk about her latest CD "Street of Dreams" and her show at Gainesville's Evenings of Intimate Jazz at the Smithgall Arts Center next Sat Jan 8th.

Playlist for Jan 1,2010

Hour 1

LARRY CORYELL - "The Duke" - Major Jazz Minor Blues - (32)

LARRY YOUNG - "Zoltan" - If - (Blue Note)

DUKE ROBILLARD - "Jim Jam" - Swing - (Rounder)

TAMIR HENDLEMAN - "Anthropology" - Destinations - (Resonance)

MICHAEL'S JAZZ QUARTET - "Well You Should" - Woody n' me - (indep)

MILES DAVIS - "E.S.P." - E.S.P. - (Sony)

MARK WEINSTEIN - "Miyako" - Straight No Chaser - (Jazzheads)

RAY BROWN - "Fly Me To the Moon" - Ray Brown, Monty Alexander and Russell Malone - (Telarc)

CHARLIE PARKER - "Tiny's Tempo" - Boss Bird - (Proper)

HOUR 2

BRIDGE QUARTET - "A Face Like Yours" - Night - (Origin)

MODERN JAZZ QUARTET - "Bluesology" - Fontessa - (Atlantic)

DON HALES - "Motivation" - Unified String Theory - (Chicken Coup)

DAVID SANBORN - "What Will I Tell My Heart" - Here and Gone - (Decca)

CLAUDIO RODITI - "Slammin" - Simpatico - (Resonance)

BEN MARKLEY - "And the Wind Came" - Second Introduction - (Origin)

GENE HARRIS QUARTET - "Sweet Georgia Brown" - Another Night in London - (Resonance)

HOUR 3

NEW YORK VOICES - "Jackie" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

GAIL PETTIS - "Help a Good Girl Go Bad" - May I Come In - (Origin)

ALEXIS COLE - "Morning With You" - Zingaro - (Canopy Jazz)

ANNIE SELLICK - "Look Out For Love" - Street of Dreams - (Chalice Music)

ANNIE SELLICK PHONER (APP 10 MIN)

TAKE 6 - "Sweet Georgia Brown" - The Standard - (Heads Up)

RENE MARIE - "Colorado River Song" - Experiment in Truth - (indep)

DIANA KRALL - "It Could Happen To You" - From This Moment On - (Verve)

DEBORAH BROWN - "Dexterity" -

CHRISTINE HITT - "You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To" - You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To - (Maxjazz)

MARCUS GOLDHABER - "Take Me" - Take Me Anywhere - (Fallen Apple)

DEBBIE CUNNINGHAM - "Overjoyed" - The Rest Of Your Life - (indep)

For airplay consideration send CDs to:

Mark Dove

Sounds of Jazz

WBCX 89.1 FM