[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise Jan. 2, 2010

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:30:42 EST 2011

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm
Jan. 2, 2010

Remembering Dr. Billy Taylor (died 12-28)
1) Billy Taylor-I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free (Taylor Made At The Kennedy Center)
2) Billy Taylor-All The Things You Are (Solo)
3) Billy Taylor-They Can't Take That Away From Me (Billy Taylor Trio Vol. 1)
4) Billy Taylor-Theodora (MPS Piano Highlights)
5) Billy Taylor-Mad Monk (Separate Keyboards)
6) Billy Taylor w/Joe Kennedy-Where've You Been? (Where've You Been)
7) Billy Taylor w/Gerry Mulligan-Laura (Live at MCG)
8) Billy Taylor-Bird Watcher (Billy Taylor Trio Vol. 2)
9) Billy Taylor-Bird Watcher (Taylor Made at the Kennedy Center)
10) Billy Taylor-A Biento (Solo)

Remembering Charles Fambrough (died Jan. 1)
11) Charles Fambrough with Art Blakey-Ms. B.C. (Album of the Year)
12) Chalres Fambrough w/Danny Gatton, Bobby Watson, Joshua Redman, et al-Ice Maidens (New York Stories)
13) Charles Fambrough w/Jeff "Tain" Watts-The Impaler (Sunnyside 25th Anniversary)

More favorites from 2010
14) Bill Charlap/Renee Rosnes-My Man's Gone Now (Double Rainbow)
15) Irene Kral-Something To Remember Me By (Second Chance)
16) Rez Abassi-Lament (Natural Selections)
17) Jason Moran-Blue Blocks (Ten)

In town this week: Darcy James Argue's Secret Society
18) Darcy James Argue-Phoboes (Infernal Machines)
19) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com