[JPL] Media/Wynton

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 20:08:57 EST 2011

I have to confess Ed that when I saw the forward promotion promo for the
program...I cringed. There was Wynton playing trumpet. It's like a fixation of
sorts. You're right in that the show was well done but even most of the "other"
folks talking are still connected to Wynton. It's still, to a degree, about him
and his philosophy. Here, there are people that claim to like jazz but only go
to see him when he comes to town. No one else. I'm now almost to a point of
saying it hurts jazz to put this much focus on one of it's artist.

Jae