[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - January 3 Playlist

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Jan 3 20:17:29 EST 2011

Greetings! Happy New Year to one and all! I just got back from a week on a
small island in the Bahamas. Now it's back to work! Here's today's Jazz
Odyssey playlist. Had some fun with a Ubiquity acid jazz compilation to get
going.  All the best! -- Jerry

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, January 3, 2011, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com

 *Sweet Potato* - “Monkey Wrench” from *The Best of Cookin'* on *Ubiquity
Recordings*
*Reuben Wilson -* “Funk Farm” from *Movin On* on *Savant**
The Rhythm Section Featuring Sonny Simmons* - “Tachyon” from *The Best of
Cookin'* on *Ubiquity Recordings**
Ping Pong featuring Kelly Huff* - “Bebop Props” from *The Best of Cookin'*on
*Ubiquity Recordings**
Dizzy Gillespie* - “Night In Tunisia” from *Night in Tunisia - The Very Best
of Dizzy Gillespie* on *Blue Bird*
*Yusef Lateef* - “Brother” from *The Complete Yusef Lateef* on *Atlantic**
Peter Paulsen Quintet* - “Compensation” from *Goes Without Saying...* on *
SquarePegWorks**
Bobby Hutcherson* - “Love Song” from *Un Poco Loco* on *columbia*

*Ernie Andrews* - “I've Got to Pass Your House to Get to My House” from *How
About Me* on *High Note**
Tessa Souter* - “Eleanor Rigby” from *Obsession* on *Motema**
Dolores Scozzesi* - “One More Cup of Coffee” from *A Special Taste* on *Rhombus
Records*

*Yoshiaki Masuo/Bill Mays* - “Fall” from *I'm Glad There Is You* on *
Sunshine**
Helio Alves* - “Black Nile” from *Musica* on *Jazz Lagacy Productions**
Wayne Shorter* - “Masquellero” from *Footprints Live!* on *Verve*

*Midtown Jazzmobile* - “F Region” from *Fugitive* on *LOMO**
Jim Ketch* - “Dancin' On the Rooster” from *Next Set* on *Summit**
Mike Zsoldos Quintet* - “Affirmative” from *Off the Cuff* on *NIU Music**
Césaria Évora* - “Sodade” from *Adventures in Afropea 3: Telling Stories to
the Sea* on *Luaka Bop*

 --
Jerry Karp
Rocket Words Writing & Editing