[JPL] Media/Wynton

Louis Erlanger louisx at myfairpoint.net
Tue Jan 4 01:03:24 EST 2011

There should be a special for Billy Taylor, and then they should build a
monument for him. Mainstream media has always been clueless, but better
there be an often repeated spokesperson like Marsalis than none at all.
Those interested will dig deeper and find the rest. I'd like to see someone
in the mainstream cover the work it takes for the great ones to become
great-- give it the respect it deserves. People think you just go out there
and play your emotions -- they need education on how much work is required
to reach the seemingly effortless result.