[JPL] PLAYLIST: "Jazz Cornucopia" KRFC-FM, Fort Collins, CO 1/2/11

Zimbrick,John John.Zimbrick at ColoState.EDU
Tue Jan 4 12:54:57 EST 2011

Jazz Cornucopia with John Zimbrick on KRFC-FM, Community Radio,   01/02/2011,   07:30PM to 09:00PM MST

Arturo Sandoval "Sandu" from I Remember Clifford (CD, 1992) on GRP - Opening Theme

John Fedchock "Ruby My Dear" from John Fedchock New York Big Band (CD, 1995) on Reservoir Music

Billy Taylor "Radioactivity" from A Touch of Taylor (LP, 1954) on Prestige - Original Vinyl Recording; remembering Dr. Billy Taylor

Abbey Lincoln "Summer Wishes, Winter Dreams" from You Gotta Pay The Band (CD, 1991) on Verve - Remembering Abbey Lincoln

Duke Ellington "The Mooche" from Duke Ellington At Fargo, 1940, Live (LP, 1978) on Book of the Month - Recorded and mastered by Jack Tower

Russell Malone "Unchained Melody" from Triple Play (CD, 2010) on MaxJazz

The Double Six of Paris "Doodlin'" from The Double Six of Paris (LP, 1960) on Capitol Records - Remembering Mimi Perrin

Billy Taylor "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" from Solo (CD, 1988) on TaylorMade - Remembering Dr. Billy Taylor

Duke Ellington "Harlem Air Shaft" from Duke Ellington At Fargo, 1940, Live (LP, 1978) on Book of the Month - Remembering Jack Tower

Gregory Porter "But Beautiful" from Water (CD, 2010) on Motema

The Double Six of Paris "Meet Benny Bailey" from The Double Six of Paris (LP, 1960) on Capitol Records - Remembering Mimi Perrin

Billy Taylor "Just the Thought of You" from Dr. T (CD, 1993) on GRP - Dr.Billy Taylor Composition, In Memoriam

Duke Ellington "St. Louis Blues" from Duke Ellington At Fargo, 1940, Live (LP, 1978) on Book of the Month - Remembering Jack Tower

Mark Murphy "A Sackful of Dreams" from September Ballads (LP, 1988) on Milestone - Dreams for the new year.

Gerry Mulligan "Ballad" from Jazz Masters 36 (CD, 1994) on Verve - Closing Theme

John Zimbrick, Producer and Host

e-mail:  zimbrick at colostate.edu<mailto:zimbrick at colostate.edu>

streaming:  www.krfcfm.org<http://www.krfcfm.org/>

Playlists:  www.spinitron.com<http://www.spinitron.com/>