[JPL] A DMCA question...

Hudson, B.H. bhhudson at NCCU.EDU
Thu Jan 6 16:15:31 EST 2011

Glad somebody finally mentioned mobile devices. Sound quality does not seem to be a priority as much anymore as portability. Seems like more and more people choose to listen to music through their phone. Sound quality is more of an issue for people who used to know what good sound was all about. And that is not the younger listener. I think we all should be planning on how to deliver compelling content that looks and sounds good (loud enough/dolby) on mobile devices.

Anybody have the new phone with pop up speakers?
BH

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Louis Erlanger
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 3:54 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: [JPL] A DMCA question...

You're right, and in the future I'm sure there will be no difference between
streaming and CDs. In fact, probably most music will be streamed on mobile
devices and downloads will go the way of the 8-track.  It's a tough issue
that needs to be resolved, and I agree there is huge value in hearing the
full range of an artist's work on a single show moderated by a knowledgeable
person.  So I see legitimacy in both sides of the argument but I think a
better solution than the existing one needs to be provided. I just don't
have it to offer.