[JPL] Jazz on WGBH with Steve Schwartz 1/7/2011 PLAYLIST

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jan 8 11:13:17 EST 2011

JAZZ ON WGBH, 89,7FM, BOSTON

REMEMBERING BETTY ROCHE(b. 1/9/1920)

8:00:00PM
Joy Spring
Name: Billy Taylor
Name of CD: Ten Fingers-One Voice
Composer: Clifford Brown/Track Label: Arkadia

8:12PM
Cape Verdean Blues
Name: SFJAZZ Collective
Name of CD: Live 2010/7th Annual Concert Tour
Composer: H. Silver/Track Label: SFJazz

Juicy Lucy
Name: Cory Weeds
Name of CD: The Mny Deeds of Cory Weeds
Composer: H. Silver/Track Label: Cellar Live

8:35PM
Route 66
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Take the "A" Train
Composer: Troup/Track Label: Bethleham

Something to Live For
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Take the "A" Train
Composer: D. Ellington/Track Label: Bethleham

September in The Rain
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Take the "A" Train
Composer: Warren; Dubin/Track Label: Bethleham

In A Mellow Tone
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Take the "A" Train
Composer: D. Ellington/Track Label: Bethleham

Time After Time
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Take the "A" Train
Composer: Styne; Cahn/Track Label: Bethleham

Go Away Blues
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Take the "A" Train
Composer: D. Ellington/Track Label: Bethleham

9:00PM
Fly Little Bird Fly
Name: Jason Palmer
Name of CD: Nothing to Hide
Composer: Donald Byrd/Track Label: Steeplechase

Lament
Name: Donald Byrd
Name of CD: Fuego
Composer: Donald Byrd/Track Label: Blue Note

I'm So Excited by You
Name: Brian Lynch
Name of CD: Unsung Heroes Volume 2
Composer: Donald Byrd/Track Label: Brian Lynch Music

9:27PM
Monk's Dream
Name: Marty Williams
Name of CD: Long Time Comin'
Composer: T. Monk/Track Label: InMoonBay Records

Ruby, My Dear
Name: Charles Lloyd
Name of CD: Mirror
Composer: T. Monk/Track Label: ECM

Crepescule With Nellie
Name: Jason Moran
Name of CD: Ten
Composer: T. Monk/Track Label: Blue Note

Light Blue
Name: John Tchicai
Name of CD: In Monk's Mood
Composer: T. Monk/Track Label: Steeplechase

9:54PM
Blues on My Weary Mind; I'll Get By; I Love My Lovin' Lover; Trouble, Trouble
Name: Earl Hines
Name of CD: Earl Hines & The Duke's Men
Composer: E. Hines/Track Label: Delmark
Notes: featuring Betty Roche

Take The "A" Train
Name: Duke Ellington
Name of CD: Ellington Uptown
Composer: D. Ellingotn/Track Label: Columbia
Notes: featuring Betty Roche

10:17PM
I Understand
Name: Amanda Carr
Name of CD: Common Thread
Composer: Gannon; Wayne/Track Label: OMS Records
Notes: Live at WGBH on Wednesday 1/12/2011

Tears I Cannot Hide
Name: Melissa Aldana
Name of CD: Free Fall
Composer: M. Aldana/Track Label: Inner Circle Music

Soft Winds
Name: Tamir Handelman
Name of CD: Destinations
Composer: F. Henderson/Track Label: Resonance

10:36PM
Katrina Ballerina
Name: Ralph Peterson
Name of CD: Outer Reaches
Composer: Woody Shaw/Track Label: Onyx Music

Imagination
Name: Woody Shaw
Name of CD: Imagination
Composer: VanHeusen; Burke/Track Label: 32 Jazz

Cassandranite
Name: Alex Sipiagin
Name of CD: Generations to Woody Shaw
Composer: Woody Shaw/Track Label: Criss Cross

11:00PM
Jade Visions
Name: Joel Harrison
Name of CD: String Choir
Composer: Scott LaFaro/Track Label: Sunnyside

Blood Count
Name: Matt Haimovitz/Uccello
Name of CD: Meeting of The Spirits
Composer: B. Strayhorn/Track Label: Oxingale

Turn Out The Stars
Name: Kronos Quartet
Name of CD: The Complete Landmark Sessions
Composer: Bill Evans/Track Label: 32 Jazz

11:20PM
Come Rain Or Come Shine
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Singin' and Swingin'
Composer: Arlen; Mercer/Track Label: Prestige

Where Or When
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Singin' And Swingin'
Composer: Rodgers; Hart/Track Label: Prestige

Someone To Watch Over Me
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Lightly and Politely
Composer: Gershwin/Track Label: Prestige

I Had The Craziest Dream
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Lightly and Politely
Composer: Warren; Gordon/Track Label: Prestige

For All We Know
Name: Betty Roche
Name of CD: Lightly and Politely
Composer: Coots; Lewis/Track Label: Prestige

11:40PM
Spirit Waltz
Name: Steve Davis
Name of CD: Live at Small's
Composer: S. Davis/Track Label: Small's Live

11:54PM
The Witching Hour
 Name: Russell Malone
Name of CD: Triple Play
Composer: Quincy Jones/Track Label: MaxJazz