[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Jan 8,2011

Mark Dove jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 9 08:06:09 EST 2011

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Jan 8,2011

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950’s to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country’s greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Jan 8,2011

Hour 1

CLAYTON BROS - "Street Dance" - The New Song and Dance - (ArtistShare)

DEXTER GORDON - "HiFly" - Gotham City - (Sony)

CLIFFORD BROWN - "Daahoud" - West Coast Jazz Box Set - (Contemporary)

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "Moanin" - Moanin - (Blue Note)

GENE AMMONS/JOHN COLTRANE - "Groove Blues" - Coltrane The Prestige Sessions - (Prestige)

JIMMY BRUNO - "Benny's Tune" - Solo - (Mel Bay)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Crepuscule With Nellie" - Criss Cross - (Sony)

Hour 2

SABERTOOTH - "The Odd Couple" - Dr Midnight Live at the Green Mill - (Delmark)

HORACE SILVER - "Filthy McNasty" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "The Chess Players" - Complete Mosaic - (Mosaic)

GEORGE COTSIRILOS TRIO - "Good Wood" - Past Present - (Origin)

CYRUS CHESTNUT TRIO - "Lover" - Journeys - (Jazz Legacy Prod)

COREY CHRISTIANSEN QUARTET - "Carefree" - Outlaw Tractor - (Origin)

Hour 3

CHERYL BENTYNE - "Our Love Is Here to Stay" - The Gershwin Songbook - (ArtistShare)

KURT ELLING - "Nightmoves" - Nightmoves - (Concord)

GINGER AND SCOTT - "You Inspire Me" - Dreamsville - (indep)

JOAN CARTWRIGHT - "Blues In the Pockets" - Feeling Good - (I Am)

DENISE DONATELLI - "The Bed I Made" - When Lights Are Low - (Savant)

SARAH PARTRIDGE - "Stormy Monday Blues" - You Are There - Songs for My Father - (Nagel Heyer)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "Bamboo" - Best Of - (Group 7)

MARLENE VERPLANCK - "Where Do You Go For Love" - Once There Was a Moon - (Audiophile)

KRISTIN KORB - "You're Blase" - Why Can't You Behave - (Double K)

CHERYL BENTYNE - "It Might As Well Be Spring" - Talk Of The Town - (Telarc)

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCH EAST - "Laughin and Lovin" - Live at Birdland - (Summit)

CHRISTINE EBERSOLE/BILLY STRITCH - "Haven't Got a Worry" - Sunday in New York - (Ghostlight)

Comments, Requests, Suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host – "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM