[JPL] WWSP Music report week of 1/2/11 - 1/9/11

Russell Haines russjazzworld at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 13:06:54 EST 2011

*WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of   1/2/11 – 1/9/11*

*WWSP 90fm*

*University of Wisconsin Stevens Point*

*30,000 Watts*

* *

*Russ Haines
*

*Jazz/World Music Director*

*WWSP 90fm*

*1608 Reserve Street*

*Stevens Point, WI. 54481*

*PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME*

*russjazzworld at gmail.com* <russjazzworld at gmail.com>**

* *

*4 or more spins*

* *

5 Steve Abshire/Paul Wingo – Detour Ahead – Patuxent Music

6 Helio Alves – Musica – Jazz Legacy Productions

5 Ehud Ashereie – Organic – Positone

5 Heavy Tin – Refused – Concinnity Records

6 Dave Liebman Group – Turnaround – Jazzwerkstatt

6 Doug Macdonald Trio – It’s a Blue World - blujazz

6 Matt Nelson Trio – Nostalgiamaniac – Chicago Sessions

5 William Parker Organ Quartet – Uncle Joe’s Spirit House – Aum Fidelity

5 Peter Paulsen Quintet – Goes Without Saying… - SquarePegWorks

5 Suzanne Pittson – Out of the Hub – Vineland Records

4 Bob Sheppard – Close Your Eyes – BFM Jazz

6 Ullmann Swell 4 – News? No News – Jazzwerkstatt

6 Various – Jazz from Finland 2011 - Fimic

* *

*2 – 3 spins *

3 Four – On a Warm Summer Evenin’ – Jazz Hang Records

3 Mr. Ho’s Orchestrotica – The Unforgettable Sounds of Esquivel - Tiki

3 Jason Robinson - The Two Faces of Janus - Cuneiform

3 MJ Territo – Down with Love – Self produced

3 Curtis Woodbury – Self titled – Jazz Hang Records

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

*Most of the discs that were added in Nov. are now re-current status, making
way for the new releases to chart.*

* *

* JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 1/9/11*

* *

*Jane Ira Bloom – Wingwalker – Outline*

*Patrick Butler – Transcender – Self produced*

*Roxy Coss – Self titled – Self produced*

*Rick Cutler – First Melancholy Then the Night Stretch – New Dude Records*

*Joseph Daley Earth Tones Ensemble – The Seven Deadly Sins - JARO*

*Todd Del Giudice – Pencil Sketches – OA2*

*Luther Hughes & The C.C. P. – Things Are Getting Better – Primose Lane*

*Jazzvox presents: In Your Own Backyard – OA2*

*Jonathan Kreisberg – Shadowless – New For Now Music*

*Verneri Pohjola Quartet – Hot Pot Place Around the Corner – KHY Suomen
Musiikki Oy*

*George Schuller Trio – Life’s Little Dramas – Fresh Sound New Talent*

*Bob Szajner – On The Bench In the Zone – Quixotic *

*Joona Toivanen Trio – At My Side – CAM Jazz*

*Wayne Wallace Latin jazz Quintet – To Hear from There – Patois Records*

*Marty Williams – Long Time Comin’ – In Moon Bay Records*

* *

*** REISSUES***

* *

6 Chet Baker – She was Good To Me - CTI

* *

*W = WORLD          ***  =   Add this week*

* *

*W *5 Afro-Soultet – Afrodesia – Luv N’ Haight**

*W *5* *Aurelio – Laru Beya – Sub Pop/Stone Tree**

*W *5 V.M. Bhatt & Matt Malley – Sleepless Nights – World Village

*W *5 Empresarios – Sabor Tropical – Fort Knox Records**

*W *6 Fat* *Freddy’s Drop – Live At The Roadhouse London - Drop**

*W *5* *Loreena Mckennitt – The Wind That Shakes the Barley - Verve**

*W* 5 Ballake’ Sissoko/Vincent Segal – Chamber Music – Six Degrees

*W *5* *Various – Yoga - Putumayo**

* *

*PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP*

4 Chris Antonik – Self titled – Self produced

*** *David Caceres – Self titled - Sunnyside*

4 Gerald Cleaver – Uncle June Be It As I See It – Fresh Sounds New Talent

*** *Douye’ – Journey – Groove Note Records*

*** *Dave Hanlon’s Cookbook – Hot & Sweet – Tasty Tracks Records*

5 Katherine Jenkins – Believe - Reprise

5 Elvis Presley/Various/Cirque Du Soleil – Viva Elvis – RCA/Legacy/Circ Du
Soleil

*** *Nick Stefanacci Band – 26 Years – Self produced*

5 Various – Tradi-Mods vs Rockers – Crammed Discs

3 Velella Velella – Atlantis Massif – Self Produced

4 Walter Weasel/Mary Halvorsen/Peter Evans – Electric Fruit – Thirsty Ear

* *

*The** next add date for WWSP is 1/16/11.  I will have space for 15 Jazz
discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All
discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support
of WWSP 90fm.*

*  Russ*

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director