[JPL] 2011 Jazz sUMMIT

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Mon Jan 10 21:15:36 EST 2011

JazzWeek Summit 2011
The first 20 registrants will be entered into a drawing to win their
choice of a Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival club pass or one
free night of hotel accommodations.

Welcome to the JazzWeek Summit 2011!

Who should attend the Summit?

Independent jazz artists; representatives of artists and recording
labels involved in promotion, marketing, and artist relations;  radio
hosts, managers, program and music directors; and journalists.

JazzWeek's mission is to provide a knowledge base for promoting and
programming jazz using new media, radio, print, the internet and other
traditional and non-traditional avenues.

The JazzWeek Summit is a place to get artists, jazz radio, internet
broadcasters, program producers, labels, management together. As with
our past summits, we promise not to rehash the same old panel topics in
a quick once-over-lightly session; there will be plenty of time to
discuss and explore each topic.

The 2011 Summit will further focus on using social media to advance jazz.

Each year, participants have taken a lot of great information back with
them, and put the summit's ideas into action.

If you are planning on attending, be prepared to work. Have no fear,
though, there will be plenty of activities and plenty of time to play.

This year the Summit returns once again to Rochester, N.Y., home of the
Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival, which will be celebrating
its seventh anniversary. Both Downbeat and the New York Times have
called the XRIJF one of the top four jazz festivals in the U.S. The
Summit coincides with the final three days of this year's festival, with
theater, club, and free outdoor shows scheduled. Lineups for this year
will be announced in early April.

The Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside will again host this year's
JazzWeek Summit. We have a special early bird rate available now but
only until August 7.

Take advantage of early-bird rates --- save up to $90 --- and register
today!