[JPL] STILL ANOTHER JAZZ SHOW 10 Jan '11

Dick Crockett bopndick at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 02:36:20 EST 2011

STILL
ANOTHER JAZZ SHOW  10 Jan '11

MATT
GARRISON  “Familiar Places” “Left
Behind”  “Without You-No Me (To Dizzy)”
FAMILIAR PLACES   Dclef  Records
“This
is Garrison's embarking, recreating a modern era of superb modern
jazz resonating bright, bliss, after effects, of a new yesteryear”

CASSANDRA
WILSON    “Lover Come Back To Me”   “Went
Down To The St. James Infirmary”  “Saddle Up My Pony”
SILVER PONY  Blue Note
“Wilson
is a new Bessie and Billy modern  with a voice and brevity to prove
it, learning new modernized emancipation”.

RUSSELL
MALONE  “Honey Bone”   “ Butch and
Butch”  “Pecan Pie”  TRIPLE
PLAY    MAXJAZZ
“A
lucid traditionalist with an almost psychic up tempo understanding.,
Russell Malone is  always mainstream-reliable.

LOUIS
HAYES JAZZ COMMUNICATORS    “Lou's Idea”
 “Nothing Better To Do”
“Soul
Eyes”    LOU'S IDEA
 American Showplace Music
“Hayes
is from rock city, when it was bop city-still holding on.”

MARY
STALLINGS     “Moon Ray”  ”Hey Now”
DREAM     High Note Records
“Dream”
says Mary Stallings is simply the most provocative, resounding jazz
singer, today!”

JIMMY
SCOTT  “Time On My Hands(You In My Arms)”
“If I Should Lose You”  MOONGLOW
Milestone Records
“Jimmy
Scott is the grace of an R&B generation.”

PETE
MALIVERNI TRIO
   “In The Garden Of Eternal Optimist”
A BEAUTIFUL
THING     Saranac
Records
“Pianist
Pete Malinverni exudes Saturday night Park Ave, funk and glamorous.”

PS: This is all night show en-amorous.

MARY
STALLINGS
“Watching You Watching Me”  DREAM