[JPL] Message from a transplanted New Yorker

Bobby Jackson ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 16 12:41:40 EST 2011

I've been in Fargo, ND in 70 below.  It is the original Windy City (No apologies for Chicago....... ) !!  Spit freezes before it hits the ground.  It's so cold and dry the snow doesn't stick to itself.  it just blows around like sand.  During "Alberta Clippers"  they close off the highways with gates.  Drivers have been known to smack into snow blown under the underpasses and not be able to get out.  They generally wind up dying not because of the snow but because of asphyxiation from the exhaust fumes emitted by their cars.   It's so cold, they don't have homeless people.  The brutal nature of the weather also creates a more civil, mindful and connected community.  People look out for one another.  I don't like cold weather but I do recognize the merits...  Enjoy your winter Russ.

Bobby Jackson - another transplanted New Yorker to the Midwest (Cleveland-The former home of LeBron "La Diva" James)
THE JAZZ MIND
ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net