[JPL] Message from a transplanted New Yorker

Blaise.Lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu Blaise.Lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Sun Jan 16 15:17:24 EST 2011

Thanks Russ, I love this and all the responses.  I have known cold but didn't
stay long. One thing you are right about, the oppressive weather creates
a better sense of community.  I think more people are into listening to and
playing music in colder climes than where they can just go out for a bike
ride or hike whenever they like.

There was a greater appreciation for music in Michigan, especially the blues,
than I have seen in sunny Arizona.  But then, the exception to the rule is
that hotbed of jazz, North Carolina.  Of course, most of those cats did move
north to Philly or Pittsburgh or NY to get connected.

I do know when we are at the Jazz Summit in Rochester, I'm wearing a sweater
and a scarf and Russ is in his Hawaiian shirt.  AND we both love jazz.

Thanks for the humor guys.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ PHoenix