[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise Jan. 16, 2011

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 19:27:38 EST 2011

Sound of Suprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm
1-16-11

Honoring the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
1) Duke Ellington's My People-King Fit De Battle of Alabam' (Duke Ellington's My People)
2) Nina Simone-Why? The King of Love Is Dead (Forever Young, Gifted & Black)
3) Charles Mingus-Prayer For Passive Resistance (Pre Bird)
4) Mary Lou Williams-I Have A Dream (Mary Lou's Mass)
5) Herbie Hancock-I Have A Dream (The Prisoner)
6) Marcus Shelby Orchestra-Movements 1-7 (Soul of the Movement: Meditations on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)
7) Denys Baptiste-I Have A Dream, With This Faith, Let Freedom Ring! (Let Freedom Ring!)
8) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com