[JPL] Playlist; The Vinyl Side of Midnight; 1/16/11

Mike Stratton dreamtrane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 09:41:31 EST 2011

Vinyl Side of Midnight 2011

1/16/11

Interviews w/local artists

Jeff Kressler & Gene Reebeck

   - founders of Jazz Alliance of Mid-Michigan

Greg Hill & Lois Mummaw

SET LIST

Derrick Gardner & The Jazz Prophets - We Jazz June; ECHOES OF ETHNICITY
(Owl)

Interviews & tracks from Patti Richards LPs & tapes

Arlene McDaniels Quintet - Contemplation (demo)

Grace Kelly - It Might As Well Be Spring; MOOD CHANGES

Sunny Wilkinson/Tom Garvin - But Not For Me; A GENTLE TIME (CMG)

end interviews, first half of show

Brother Jack McDuff - From The Pulpit; BEST OF.... (Concord Records)

Marty Williams - Brother (Where Are You) LONG TIME COMING (In Moon Bay)

Myron Walden - Countryfied; COUNTRYFIED (DSR)

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Old Rugged Cross; DOES YOUR HOUSE HAVE LIONS (Rhino)

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Ain’t No Sunshine; DOES YOUR HOUSE HAVE LIONS (Rhino)

Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Volunteer Slavery; DOES YOUR HOUSE HAVE LIONS (Rhino)

John Coltrane - Song of The Underground Railroad; AFRICA/BRASS SESSIONS
(Impulse)

Randy Weston and his African Rhythms Sextet - Chano Pozo & African Sunrise;
THE STORYTELLER (Motema)

Martin Luther King - I Have A Dream; IN SEARCH OF FREEDOM

John Coltrane - Alabama; COMPLETE IMPULSE....

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme; COMPLETE IMPULSE....

Hank Jones/Charlie Haden - We Shall Overcome; STEAL AWAY (Verve)

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be
heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in
internationally on the web on  http://www.lcc.edu/radio/ - hosted by Mike
Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time.

Feel free to forward this to friends.

If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply
contact me at dreamtrane at gmail.com

You can use that same address for promotional information.

For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com