[JPL] my farewell to jazz broadcasting

Maxx Myrick myrickjazz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 13:12:34 EST 2011

All the best to you, keep swinging'!

Sent from iPad/
Maxx Myrick
Myrickmedia.com
212-283-1481

On Jan 19, 2011, at 11:58 AM, Bradley Stone <stonebradley1 at gmail.com> wrote:

**** Follow us at twitter.com/jazzweek ****

Aloha, Richard!

Best wishes,

Brad Stone

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Josh Ellman <josh at groovmarketing.com>wrote:

**** Follow us at twitter.com/jazzweek ****

You did a great job over there Rich!  Thank-You for the years of support
and
good luck in future endeavors!

Best,

Josh

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:08 AM, richard gangi <
straightwithchaser at hotmail.com> wrote:

**** Follow us at twitter.com/jazzweek ****

To all of you who carry the torch,

As a matter of needing to find a new path, I sadly say goodbye to all of
you.
Tonight will be my final show. 'Straight with Chaser' has been fun, but
like all things...it has a life. Tonight, I will burry it at 10.00pm EST.

I will no longer be your point of contact for WFIT. Matt Heister - host
of
'Freedom in the Groove' - an exciting new and contemporary jazz show,
will
take on the responcibilities of Jazz director (with or without the
official
title)...and he should be added to this list server. Keep it going
junior...you have a great show.

His email address is: matthewheister at hotmail.com

My greatest honor was being affiliated with the legendary Jack Simpson,
with over 40 years of jazz broadcasting, and countless stories of when
jazz
was thriving. He has been my mentor and friend during my time at WFIT. I
love this man, and will always look to him as the "authority" on real
jazz.

Thank God for people like Stevie Lee, former host of "Body and
Soul"...who
continues to show us the meaning of the word friend. I love you honey.

Terry, Todd, Barbara, and the rest of the WFIT staff - it has been a
great
ride, thank you for providing me the opportunity to bring jazz to Brevard
county. And while I wish we could have filled my slot with another jazz
show, i am sure the station will make a selection for a show that stands
true to the needs of the community -as you have done with every show on
this
great station of ours.

As for the Jazzproglist, it was great fun and very informative being part
of this news group for the last 4 years, thank you - and all the
distributors and independants who have made WFIT jazz programming the
success that it has been.  I am certain that you will find Matt Heister
be an equally appreciative part of your online community.

Good Luck to all of you,

Regards,
Rich Gangi

former Director of Jazz Programming
and Host of "Straight with Chaser"
7-10 pm Wednesdays EST
also simulcast: www.wfit.org

89.5 WFIT FM
150 W. University Blvd.
Melbourne, FL 32901

List information:
Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

--
Joshua M. Ellman
Groov Marketing & Consulting (Southwest)

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

--
Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, World, Blues) and Faculty Advisor