[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 1-23-11

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:48:32 EST 2011

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 4-6 pm
1-23-11

1) Vinicus Cantuaria/Bill Frisell-Mi Declaracion (Lagrimas Mexicanas)
2) David Binney-All of Time (Graylen Epicenter)
3) Donny McCaslin-Memphis Redux (Perpetual Motion)

Cartoon Jazz
4) Esperanza Spaulding-Chim Chim Cher-ee (Everybody Wants To Be A Cat)
5) John Coltrane-Chim Chim Cher-ee (Best Selection 6)
6) Bonnie Raitt-Baby Mine (Stay Awake)
7) Sonny Rollins-When You Wish Upon a Star (The Standard Sonny Rollins)
8) Sinead O'Connor-Some Day My Prince Will Come (Stay Awake)
9) Bill Evans-Some Day My Prince Will Come (Consecration)
10) Katnip College Soundtrack
11) Dave Brubeck/Paul Desmond-Alice In Wonderland (1975 The Duets)
12) Carl Stalling-The Good Egg (The Carl Stalling Project)
13) Roy Hargrove-Ev'rybody Wants To Be a Cat (Every Body Wants To Be A Cat)
14) Sun Ra-Pink Elephants on Parade (Stay Awake)
15) What's Opera Doc Soundtrack
16) Kurt Rosenwinkel-Feed The Birds (Every Body Wants To Be A Cat)
17) Three Little Bops Soundtrack

R.I.P. Totico
18) Patato y Totico-Mas Que Nada (More Than Mambo)
19) Patato y Totico-Ingrato Corazon (More Than Mambo)

In town: Eddie Palmieri
20) Eddie Palmieri-Slow Visor (Palmas)
21) Eddie Palmieri-Shekere Agent Man (Perfecta II)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com