[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist 1/23

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Jan 24 10:15:27 EST 2011

Here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid

Steve Gadd    Back at the Chicken Shack      Live at Voce           BFM Jazz

Stanley Turrentine    Sunshine Alley                Sugar
CTI

Richie Cole          I Love Bebop               Back on Top
Jazz Excursion

Richie Cole     Remembering Oliver Nelson       "
"

Russell Malone     Butch and Butch         Triple Play
MaxJazz

Oliver Nelson   Blues and the Abstract Truth

                                     More Blues and the Abstract Truth
Impulse

Oliver Nelson    Blues O'Mighty                   "
"

Richard Cole    Blame it on My Reed         Inner Mission            Origin

1:00AM

Frank Catalano          Impressions        Live at the Green Mill
Delmark

Brecker Brothers      Straphangin'   Sneakin' Up Behind You
Arista/Legacy

DeFrancesco Brothers  Take That Off    DeFrancesco Brothers  Vectordisc

Clayton Brothers   Chicago Bop Steppin'

                                                       The New Song and
Dance      Artist Share

Marsalis Family        Syndrome                   Music Redeems
Marsalis Music

Mason Brothers        Outside In    Two Sides, One Story
Archival

2:00AM

Bob Sheppard       Phantoms          Close Your Eyes                    BFM
Jazz

Charles Lloyd       Desolation Sound              Mirror
ECM

Matt Garrison     You Know I Love You     Familiar Places         D Clef

Dmitry Baevsky     Mount Harissa       Down With It                   Sharp
Nine

Jacam Manricks     Micro Gravity      Trigonometry
Positone

Von Freeman - Frank Catalano     I Could Write a Book

                                                             You Talkin' to
Me?          Delmark

Richie Cole         Home Town                Back on Top
Jazz Excursion

3:00AM

Soren Moller      Nonet I/Quartet I     Christian X Variations      Audial

Esperanza Spalding   Knowledge of Good and Evil

                                                        Chamber Music
Society        Heads Up

Manhattan Brass     Four Songs for Brass   New York Now        enja

Paquito d'Rivera     Fiddle Dreams   Panamericana Suite            MCJ

4:00AM

Lucien Ban - John Hebert    Octet      Enesco Re-Imagined       Sunnyside

Lew Soloff        Solea        Concierto de Aranjuez
Sheffield Lab

Conrad Herwig    Sketches of Spain

                                                      Sketches of Spain Y
Mas       Half Note

5:00AM

Jazz Professors       Old Devil Moon              Live
Flying Horse

Pete Malinverni      Sweet and Lovely      A Beautiful Thing     Saranac

Carrie Wicks    Everything I've Got/Ill Wind

                                                                I'll Get
Around to It     OA2

James Moody    Polka Dots and Moonbeams        4B                 IPO

Bill O'Connell     Monk's Cha-Cha      Rhapsody in Blue          Challenge

Bill Evans            Blue Monk       Conversations with Myself    Verve

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV

The Idea Center