[JPL] PLAYLIST: "Jazz Cornucopia" KRFC-FM Fort Collins, CO 1/23/11

Zimbrick,John John.Zimbrick at ColoState.EDU
Mon Jan 24 13:35:00 EST 2011

Jazz Cornucopia with John Zimbrick 01/23/2011 07:30PM to 09:00PM

Arturo Sandoval "Sandu" from I Remember Clifford (CD, 1992) on GRP - Opening Theme

Marty Paich "Moanin'" from Moanin' (CD, 1992) on Discovery (Remembering Marty Paich on his birthday, RIP)

Mel Torme "Too Close for Comfort" from Mel Tormé Swings Shubert Alley (LP, 1960) on Verve Records (Great Paich arrangement)

Gene Harris Quartet "That's All" from Another Night In London (CD, 2010) on Resonance Records

Gary Burton & Friends "My Funny Valentine" from Six Pack (CD, 1992) on GRP (Celebrating Gary Burton's 68th birthday)

Nancy Marano "Tenderly" from Magic (CD, 2011) on Laughing Face Productions

Marty Paich "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face" from The Broadway Bit (LP, 1959) on Warner Brothers

Grace Kelly & Phil Woods "Ballad for Very Tired and Very Sad Lotus-Eaters" from Man with the Hat (CD, 2011) on Pazz Records

Gary Burton & Ralph Towner "Some Other Time" from Matchbook (CD, 1988) on Jazz

Chantale Gagne "Squinky Pete" from Wisdom Of The Water (CD, 2011) on CGM (Quebec, Canada)

Mel Torme "Blues in the Night" from Mel Torme (LP, 1956) on Verve/MGM (One of Marty Paich's best arrangements for Torme)

Joseph Daley "Avarita (Avarice)" from The Seven Deadly Sins (CD, 2010) on Jaro Medien

Chantale Gagne "My Wild Irish Rose" from Wisdom Of The Water (CD, 2011) on CGM (Quebec, Canada)

Gerry Mulligan "Ballad" from Jazz Masters 36 (CD, 1994) on Verve - Closing Theme

John Zimbrick, Producer and Host

KRFC-FM, 619 S. College Ave., #4, Fort Collins, CO 80524

E-mail:    zimbrick at colostate.edu<mailto:zimbrick at colostate.edu>

Streaming:  www.krfcfm.org<http://www.krfcfm.org/>

Playlists:  www.spinitron.com<http://www.spinitron.com/>