[JPL] Playlist-Jazz with George Thomas with Cold, Django Reinhardt & New Releases for Monday, 01/24/11

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Mon Jan 24 23:23:10 EST 2011

Jazz with George Thomas with Cold, Django Reinhardt & New Releases for
Monday, 01/24/11

Straining the lyrics we begin with a Cold set, including Cassandra
Wilson's take on Robert Johnson's "Come On In My Kitchen," Dinah
Washington's version of Hank Williams' "Cold, Cold Heart," guitarist
T-Bone Walker's "Cold, Cold Feeling" and more. We also celebrate the 101st
anniversary of gypsy guitarist Django Reinhardt's birth.

Playlist

9:00pm
Come On In My Kitchen
Artist Name 	Cassandra Wilson
Composer 	Robert Johnson
Soloists 	Cassandra Wilson-Vocals
CD/Album 	Blue Light 'Til Dawn
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 81357 2
Release Year 	1993

9:05pm
Cold, Cold Feeling
Artist Name 	T-Bone Walker
Composer 	Jessie Mae Robinson
Soloists 	T-Bone Walker-Vocals, Guitar
CD/Album 	The Complete Imperial Recordings, 1950-1954
Record co./Cat # 	EMI 200451
Release Year 	1952

9:08pm
Cold, Cold Heart
Artist Name 	Dinah Washington
Composer 	Hank Williams
Soloists 	Dinah Washington-Vocals
CD/Album 	Jazz Masters 19
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 314 518 200-2
Release Year 	1951

9:11pm
Cool
Artist Name 	Bill Charlap Trio
Composer 	L. Bernstein, S. Sondheim
Soloists 	Bill Charlap-Piano
CD/Album 	Somewhere
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 94807 2
Release Year 	2004

9:16pm
Cold
Artist Name 	Curtis Stigers
Composer 	Annie Lennox
Soloists 	Curtis Stigers-Vocals, Tenor Sax ; John "Scapper" Sneider-Trumpet
CD/Album 	Lost In Dreams
Record co./Cat # 	Concord Jazz 31527-02
Release Year 	2009

9:23pm
I Can't Give You Anything But Love
Artist Name 	Django Reinhardt & The Quintet Of The Hot Club
Composer 	Dorthy Fields-Jimmy McHugh
Soloists 	Django Reinhardt-Guitar ; Stephane Grappelli-Violin
CD/Album 	Vol. 3
Record co./Cat # 	Naxos Jazz 8.120686
Release Year 	1936
Note 	Birthday: Django Reinhardt 1.23.1910

9:26pm
Limehouse Blues
Artist Name 	Django Reinhardt & The Quintet Of The Hot Club
Composer 	Braham, D. Furber
CD/Album 	Nuages
Record co./Cat # 	Arkadia Jazz 71431
Release Year 	1936
Note 	Birthday: Django Reinhardt 1.23.1910

9:29pm
Anouman
Artist Name 	The Queen City Hot Club
Composer 	Django Reinhardt
Soloists 	Jim Stout-Guitar ; Jared Volpe-Guitar ; Tyler Bolles-Bass
CD/Album 	The Queen City Hot Club
Record co./Cat # 	ajimstout at gmail.com
Release Year 	2011
Note 	Not Available Commercially

9:34pm
I Can't Believe You're In Love With Me
Artist Name 	Django Reinhardt NY Festival
Composer 	C. Gargil, J. McHugh
Soloists 	Regina Carter-Violin ; Jimmy Rosenberg-Guitar ; Frank
Vignola-Guitar
CD/Album 	Live At Birdland
Record co./Cat # 	Division One/Atlantic 83498 2
Release Year 	2001
Note 	CD stopped part way

9:35pm
I Saw Stars
Artist Name 	Django Reinhardt & The Quintet Of The Hot Club
Composer 	Sigler, Goodhart, Hoffman
CD/Album 	Django Reinhardt & The Quintet Of The Hot Club
Record co./Cat # 	RCA 66468-2
Release Year 	1949
Note 	Birthday: Django Reinhardt 1.23.1910

9:38pm
Nuages
Artist Name 	Frank Vignola
Composer 	Django Reinhardt
Soloists 	Frank Vignola-Guitar
CD/Album 	100 Years Of Django
Record co./Cat # 	Azica Records 72244
Release Year 	2010
Note 	Birthday: Django Reinhardt 1.23.1910

9:45pm
Turnaround
Artist Name 	The Pee Wee Russell Quartet with Marshall Brown
Composer 	Ornette Coleman
Soloists 	Pee Wee Russell-Clarinet ; Marshall Brown-Valve Trombone
CD/Album 	Ask Me Now!
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 024 755 742-2
Release Year 	1963

9:49pm
I Love Being Here With You
Artist Name 	Ernestine Anderson
Composer 	P. Lee, B. Schluger
Soloists 	Ernestine Anderson-Vocals ; Houston Person-Tenor Sax
CD/Album 	Nightlife
Record co./Cat # 	HighNote 7213
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

9:55pm
Goodbye Porkpie Hat
Artist Name 	Jessica Williams
Composer 	Charles Mingus
Soloists 	Jessica Williams-Piano
CD/Album 	Touch
Record co./Cat # 	Origin Records 82566
Release Year 	2010
Note 	New

10:02pm
Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man Of Mine
Artist Name 	Adia Ledbetter
Composer 	Jerome Kern-Oscar Hammerstein II
Soloists 	Adia Ledbetter-Vocals
CD/Album 	Take 2: Rendezvous With Yesterdays
Record co./Cat # 	www.jazzijua.com
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

10:08pm
Caravan
Artist Name 	Phil DeGreg
Composer 	Juan Tizol, Duke Ellington
Soloists 	Phil DeGreg-Piano
CD/Album 	Amazones
Record co./Cat # 	Prevenient Music 1005
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

10:16pm
Son De Corazon
Artist Name 	Spanish Harlem Orchestra
Composer 	Gil Lopez, Marco Bermudez
CD/Album 	Viva La Tradicion
Record co./Cat # 	Concord Picante 32263-02
Release Year 	2010
Note 	New

10:24pm
The Moon And The Sun
Artist Name 	Luis Bonilla
Composer 	Bruce Barth
Soloists 	Luis Bonilla-Trombone
CD/Album 	Twilight
Record co./Cat # 	Planet Arts 30101
Release Year 	2010
Note 	New

10:30pm
A Beautiful Friendship
Artist Name 	Dan Adler
Composer 	Stanley Styne, Donald Kahn
Soloists 	Dan Adler-Guitar ; Joey DeFrancesco-Hammond B3 organ ; Byron
Landham-Drums
CD/Album 	Back To The Bridge
Record co./Cat # 	http://danadler.com
Release Year 	2010
Note 	New

10:38pm
Stir The Stars
Artist Name 	Jonathan Kreisberg
Composer 	Jonathan Kreisberg
Soloists 	Jonathan Kreisberg-Guitar
CD/Album 	Shadowless
Record co./Cat # 	New For Now Music 0002
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

10:45pm
You Stepped Out Of A Dream
Artist Name 	Tamir Hendelman
Composer 	Nacio Herb Brown
Soloists 	Tamir Hendelman-Piano
CD/Album 	Destinations
Record co./Cat # 	Resonance Records 1017
Release Year 	2010
Note 	New

10:52pm
Only Of A Season
Artist Name 	Ray Vega & Thomas Marriott
Composer 	Ray Vega
Soloists 	Ray Vega- Trumpet ; Thomas Marriott-Trumpet
CD/Album 	East-West Trumpet Summit
Record co./Cat # 	Origin Records 82561
Release Year 	2010
Note 	New