[JPL] Jazz in cartoons

Mark Griffith nomsgmusic at verizon.net
Tue Jan 25 02:57:56 EST 2011

I'm shocked that this hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread.

But... Raymond Scott and The Secret 7 "The Unexpected" is a fun-
tastic jazz recording that Mr. Scott did with a band  featuring Toots
Theilmans, Sweets Edison, Wild Bill Davis, Eddie Costa, Sam "The
Man"  Taylor, Kenny Burrell, Milt Hinton, and  Elvin Jones. It is
music inspired by Nursery Rhymes, a few standards, and a lot of music
inspired by his "cartoon music" career. It's a CLASSIC recording of
"cartoon related" music played by THE jazz masters!!!!

Although this new collection does sound interesting.

Mark Griffith