[JPL] PLAYLIST: Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz - "Bess st of 2010 #2" (SoulandJazz.com)

scott at soulandjazz.com scott at soulandjazz.com
Tue Jan 25 18:06:38 EST 2011

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 39: “The Best of 2010, Part 2”

Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate, “The Jazz Evangelist”

Welcome back fellow travelers as we continue our journey through the Jazz Continuum! This episode extends the theme of last week, featuring the best artists and CDs released in 2010 as suggested by SoulandJazz.com listeners.

Here it is – free and in living color, or . . . CD quality rather:  http://bit.ly/hFkcEi

This week’s ‘Best of 2010, Part 2’ features a wide range of Jazz from the likes of Best Contemporary Jazz Album Grammy nominees Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews & Jeff Lorber Fusion, to 2010 Best Jazz Vocal Album nominee Gregory Porter, to the soulful sounds of Frank McComb & Avery Sunshine, the funky grooves of Fred Wesley & Elizabeth Shepherd, the fusion of Snarky Puppy, the gorgeous Jazz vocals of Nnenna Freelon & Victoria Urusova, and the Latin & Bossa grooves of Gerardo Frisina, Marcos Valle, and The Jazzinvaders.

It’s a little over an hour of listening bliss, with 13 stellar tracks courtesy of active listeners who reached out and informed me of their favorite CDs from 2010. If your picks have not yet been featured, please let me know what they are by dropping a line to Scott at Soulandjazz.com and I’ll be sure to include them in upcoming episodes. Stay tuned and enjoy the ride!

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz

Episode 39: “The Best Of 2010, Part 2”

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews - Hurricane Season - Backatown - 2010

Frank McComb - Jealousy and Envy - A New Beginning - 2010

Elizabeth Shepherd - It’s Coming - Heavy Falls The Night - 2010

Nnenna Freelon - The Lamp Is Low - Homefree - 2010

Gregory Porter - Magic Cup - Water - 2010

Gerardo Frisina - Joy Shout - Join The Dance - 2010

Victoria Urusova - Sunny Day – Interlace - 2010

Marcos Valle - Prefixo - Estatica - 2010

The Jazzinvaders - Sunchaser - Third - 2010

Fred Wesley - Spring Like - With a Little Help from My Friends - 2010

Snarky Puppy - White Cap - Tell Your Friends - 2010

Jeff Lorber Fusion - Black Ice - Now Is the Time - 2010

Avery *Sunshine - Blessin’ Me - Avery *Sunshine - 2010