[JPL] Cadence Magazine to cease publication

Bob Rogers taintradio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 12:51:34 EST 2011

What a loss! Of all of the publications focused on this music, for me
Cadence Magazine is consistently the top "must read."  I certainly
understand why Bob Rusch made this decision; his commitment to editorial
independence ain't exactly the road to riches or even solvency.  Rusch and
all the denizens of the Cadence Building are truly heroes of creative,
improvised music for having created and maintained a wonderful,
irreplaceable publication over the years.

It would be nice though fanciful (it's always fanciful to suppose that one
might dissuade Bob Rusch of anything whatsoever) to hope that a surge of new
subscriptions to Cadence's final year of operation might persuade Rusch
reconsider his decision.  Be that as it may, cheers for Rusch, the Cadence
staff and contributors, and for editorial independence.  Long live Cadence!

Best regards,

Bob Rogers
taintradio.org

* * *