[JPL] Cadence Magazine to cease publication

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 14:32:12 EST 2011

Although it's been a few years since I last saw a current Cadence, they were
invaluable for their incredible in-depth interview and extensive reviews.
The other scary thought is what's to become of their distribution arm North
Country/Cadence Building distribution, although there's slight overlap with
other North American "out" distributors (like Forced Exposure), they were
the go-to distributors for a lot of minor label and European releases.

Bad news indeed ... N

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Bob Rogers <taintradio at gmail.com> wrote:

> What a loss! Of all of the publications focused on this music, for me
> Cadence Magazine is consistently the top "must read."  I certainly
> understand why Bob Rusch made this decision; his commitment to editorial
> independence ain't exactly the road to riches or even solvency.  Rusch and
> all the denizens of the Cadence Building are truly heroes of creative,
> improvised music for having created and maintained a wonderful,
> irreplaceable publication over the years.
>
> It would be nice though fanciful (it's always fanciful to suppose that one
> might dissuade Bob Rusch of anything whatsoever) to hope that a surge of
> new
> subscriptions to Cadence's final year of operation might persuade Rusch
> reconsider his decision.  Be that as it may, cheers for Rusch, the Cadence
> staff and contributors, and for editorial independence.  Long live Cadence!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bob Rogers
> taintradio.org
>
> * * *
>
> From: Doug Crane <dcrane at comcast.net>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:06:46 -0700
> Subject: [JPL] Cadence Magazine to cease publication
> Just received my January/February/March issue of Cadence in the mail today.
>  A brief note by editor Bob Rusch in the "Cadence & You" section announced
> that this will be the first of the final four issues of the magazine ending
> with the October/November/December 2011 issue unless another publisher
> would
> wish to continue it.
>
> I wondered how long it might survive after transitioning from a monthly to
> quarterly publication.  Unfortunately now I know the answer: 4 years.
>
> Doug Crane
> dcrane at comcast.net
> KUVO Denver 89.3FM
>
> --
> And then I had this dream that my whole family were just cartoon characters
> and our success had led to some crazy propaganda network called Fox News.
> --Bart Simpson
>

> --
> Bob Rogers
> taintradio.org, a venue for independent producers
> 700 billion listeners can't be wrong
>
> PO Box 12376
> Raleigh, NC 27605-2376
> taintradio at gmail.com