[JPL] jazz versions of John Barry themes

David Johnson djohnso2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 21:44:02 EST 2011

Bob, there's also an interesting 1966 album called The James Bond Songbook, performed by a West Coast group led by Jimmy Bond.  Playing on the bassist's name, the group was billed as "the James Bond Sextet."  Worth checking out:

http://www.amazon.com/BGP-Sound-Library-Presents-Songbook/dp/B000HOJNFM/

Only catch is that just two of the themes on this album were actually written or co-written by John Barry ("Thunderball" and "Goldfinger"); many of the movies had yet to be made at that point, and the majority of the tracks were composed by Bond and Warren Baker.

David Brent Johnson
Night Lights/Afterglow
WFIU-Bloomington, IN