[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 2 12:26:07 EDT 2011

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM Pacific). To get more info on Jazz America and to listen to the latest program in MP3 form or on Windows Media Player go to the Jazz America web site:
http://www1.voanews.com/english/programs/radio/64963177.html Jazz America is available on demand on this web page. Each show is only available through Friday evening when it is replaced by the next week’s program. You can download them by
right clicking on the MP3 icon and clicking "Save Target As."

Listen on Shortwave:  1300 GMT/UTC Saturdays and Sundays
Africa - 4.95 6.08 13.57 15.58 17.895 mhz
Middle East and Europe - 12.005 15.53 mhz
Asia and Pacific - 7.43 7.575 9.7 12.15 mhz

Jazz America is also heard on affiliate FM & AM stations worldwide. International listeners should check their local radio station guide for more information. For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-america at voa.gov.
Jazz America with Russ Davis

105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424   email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1233...7-8 MAY 2011

JAMES FARM...i-10 (james farm)

MARSALIS/NELSON/JONES...what’d I say (here we go again)

* Steve Khan Interview

STEVE KHAN...chronology (parting shot)

ABDULLA IBRAHIM...calypso minor (sotho blue)

GLENN MILLER...in the mood (1939)

MAYSA LEAK & INNER SHADE...mood to mood (4 corners)

* Steve Khan Interview

STEVE KHAN...change agent (parting shot)

GORDON GOODWIN’S BIG PHAT BAND...that’s how we roll (that’s how we roll)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1234...7-8 MAY 2011

DANIEL SMITH...mr. kenyatta (bassoon goes latin jazz)

CARMEN CUESTA...chega de saudade (mi bossa nova)

* Steve Khan Interview

STEVE KHAN...los gaiteros (parting shot)

THE BRECKER BROTHERS...tabula rasa (don’t stop the music)

KENNY GARRETT...gwoka (beyond the wall)

DIANA KRALL...deed I do (all for one)

* Steve Khan Interview

STEVE KHAN...zancudoville (parting shot)

JIM HALL...two’s blues (concierto)

Next Week…SHOWS #1235-1236...14-15 MAY 2011

Special Feature…JOHN PIZZARELLI: JAZZ SINGER WITH A GUITAR!

Russ Davis takes you to the famous New York City club Birdland to talk to vocalist and guitarist John Pizzarelli. He’ll tell us all about his smooth, swinging style, the variety in the music he chooses to record and working with his talented family including his famous father Bucky Pizzarelli and his wife, award-winning vocalist Jessica Molaskey.