[JPL] PLAYLIST: WRTI 'The Historical Approach to the Positive Music' w/Jeff Duperon 5/1/2011

Jeff Duperon mrjazzjr at sprintmail.com
Mon May 2 15:21:21 EDT 2011

WRTI 'The Historical Approach to the Positive Music' w/Jeff Duperon

Sunday, 8PM-Midnight

PLAYLIST
05/01/2011

Song Title/Artist/ CD-LP Title/ Label

8PM

In A Mellow Tone, The John Brown Trio, Dancing with Duke: An Homage to Duke
Ellington, Brown Boulevard

September Song, Denise King-Olivier Hutman Trio, No Tricks, Cristal Records

A Single Petal of A Rose, Duke Ellington, The Duke In Washington, Storyville

Silver's Serenade, Kenny Drew, Jr. - Larry Coryell, Duality, Random Act
Records

Peaceful Place, Bruce Barth, live at Smalls, smallsLive

Every Time We Say Goodbye, The David Leonhardt Jazz Group, plays Cole
Porter, Big Bang Records

The Answer Is Yes, Jim Hall, Concierto, CTI

Smada, Terell Stafford, This Side of Strayhorn, Max Jazz

9PM

When She Smiles Upon Your Face, Rufus Reid & Out Front, Hues of a Different
Blue, Motema

That's How We Roll, Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band, That's How We Roll,
Telarc

Apercu, The Nightcrawlers, Down In The Bottom, Cellar Live

Art of War, Captain Black Big Band, Captain Black Big Band, Posi-Tone

Manteca, Dizzy Gillespie and hid Orchestra, Jazz Roots: The Music Of The
Americas, Sony

Truth Revealed, Robert Hurst, Unrehurst, Volume 2, Bebob Records

Mind Over Matter, Ron Westray - Thomas Heflin, live from Austin, Blue Canoe
Records

Goldaze, Jeff "Tain" Watts, Family, Dark Key Music

10PM

The Downside of Upspeak, Brian Lynch and Spheres of Influence, Conclave,
Vol. 2, Criss Cross Jazz

With Love, Ambrose Akinmusire, When The Heart Emerges Glistening, Blue Note

And I'll Stay, Milton Suggs, Things To Come, Skiptone Music

Where We Are Right Now, Noah Haidu, Slipstream, Posi-Tone

Bijou, Joshua Redman-Aaron Parks-Matt Penman-Eric Harland, James Farm,
Nonesuch

White Rabbit, Rene Marie, Voice of My Beautiful Country, Motema

Smarty Pants Dance, Clayton Brothers, The New Song and Dance, Artist Share

Quiet Force, Moutin Reunion Quartet, Soul Dancers, Plus Loin Music

11PM

Class Dismissed, Kenney Werner, Balloons, Half Note

How Long Has This Been Going On?, Ella Fitzgerald and Oscar Peterson,
Original Jazz Classics - Remasters - Sampler Spring 2011, OJC

Blue Dawn, Irvin Mayfield, A Love Letter to New Orleans, Basin Street
Records

Until Tomorrow, Korey Riker, Prehumous, Riker's Island Records

Crying Blues, Reeds and Deeds, Tenor Time, Criss Cross Jazz

20/20 Vision, Laura Kahle, Circular, Dark Key Music

Now We Know What It Means, Three Blind Mice, The Outsider, Three Blind Mice

Temple University Public Radio
1509 Cecil B. Moore Avenue 063-00

Philadelphia, PA 19121-3410
215-204-8405
 <http://www.wrti.org> http://www.wrti.org

Jeff Duperon

mrjazzjr at sprintmail.com

http://www.myspace.com/mrjazzjr

"When you control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his
actions.  You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He
will find his 'proper place' and will stay in it.  You do not need to send
him to the back door.  He will go without being told.  In fact, if there is
no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes
it necessary." Carter G. Woodson, circa 1933

Note: This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.  If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at

215-482-1402 and delete the e-mail from your computer.