[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - April 18 & 25, 2011

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon May 2 16:04:36 EDT 2011

Behind again, darn it! Here are the playlists from last week's Jazz Odyssey
plus the week before that, as well. Hope everybody's enjoying Spring! Best,
Jerry

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, April 18, 2011, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com*
*
Dena DeRose - “In Your Own Sweet Way (Live)” from Live At Jazz Standard,
Vol. 2 on MaxJazz
Matt Nelson Trio - “Revisited” from Nostalgiamaniac on Chicago Sessions
Wynton Kelly - “ILL Wind” from Piano on Fantasy Records

Ambrose Akinmusire - “Confessions to My Unborn Daughter” from When the Heart
Emerges Glistening on BLUE NOTE
Kenny Werner - “Sada” from BALLOONS on Half Note Records

Phil Ranelin With BIG BLACK And Henry Franklin - “One for Johnson” from
Perseverance on Wide Hive Records
Rebirth Brass Band - “What Goes Around Comes Around” from Rebirth of New
Orleans on Basin Street
Jay McShann - “Crazy Legs & Friday Strut” from The Big Apple Bash on
Atlantic

Thelonious Monk - “Straight No Chaser” from Straight No Chaser on columbia
Tony Bennett and the Count Basie Orchestra - “Lullaby of Broadway” from In
Person! on columbia
Gerald Wilson - “Before Detroit” from Detroit on Mack Avenue Records

Herbie Hancock & Friends - “Hornets (Chicago)” from In Concert Vol. 2 on CTI
Five Play Jazz Quintet - “Ting-A-Ling” from Five of Hearts on Aura Line
Music

Andy Statman & David Grisman - “Bashie's Bounce” from Songs of Our Fathers
on Acoustic Disc

THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, April 25, 2011, KZYX - Mendocino County Public
Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com*
*
Bob Sheppard - “Surface Tension” from Close Your Eyes on BFM Jazz
Chico Freeman - “Spook and Fade” from Tangents on Elektra/Musician
Ambrose Akinmusire - “With Love” from When the Heart Emerges Glistening on
BLUE NOTE

Hristo Vitchev Quintet - “The Acropolis” from The Perperikon Suite on First
Orbit Sounds Music
Milt Jackson - “For Someone I Love” from Sunflower on CTI

Art Pepper and Duke Jordon - “Rhythm-A-Ning” from In Copenhagen 1981 on
Galaxy
Art Pepper - “These Foolish Things” from More for Les at the Village
Vanguard Volume Four on Contemporary

Monty Alexander - “Renewal” from Uplift on Jazz Legacy Productions
Louis Cottrel's New Orleans Jazz Band - “Foolish Love” from Ronnie Kole
Brings Mardi Gras to Carnegie Hall on VIK
Kamikaze Ground Crew - “Huey Smith Medley” from Covers on Koch Jazz

Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington - “A Flower is a Lovesome Thing” from
Ella at Duke's Place on Verve
Charles Lloyd - “Forest Flower - Sunrise” from Forest Flower on Atlantic
Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington - “Cottontail” from Ella at Duke's Place
on Verve
Earl Hines and Jimmy Rushing - “Please Don't Talk About Me When I'M Gone”
from Blues & Things on New World Records

--
Jerry Karp,
Village Books
jerry at rocketwords.com