[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 05-03-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Tue May 3 16:03:28 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 05-03-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Monty Alexander - Come Fly With Me - Uplift (JLP) [C] 6:18
Luther Hughes And The Cannonball-Coltrane Project - Take The Coltrane - Things Are Getting Better (Primrose Lane Music) [C] 5:16
Jessica Williams Trio - Freedom Trane - Freedom Trane (Origin) [C] 6:09

  BREAK

Part 2

Brad Mehldau - My Favorite Things - Live In Marciac (Nonesuch) [C] 6:31
Brad Mehldau - Dat Dere - Live In Marciac (Nonesuch) [C] 5:30
Karrin Allyson - Sophisticated Lady - 'Round Midnight (Concord) [C] 4:38
Karrin Allyson - April Come She Will - 'Round Midnight (Concord) [C] 3:14
Joshua Redman / Aaron Parks / Matt Penman / Eric Harland - Chronos - James Farm (Nonesuch) [C] 8:58
Joshua Redman / Aaron Parks / Matt Penman / Eric Harland - Star Crossed - James Farm (Nonesuch) [C] 7:15
Ron Westray / Thomas Heflin - Exile: Remember The Homeless - Live From Austin (Blue Canoe) [C] 11:44
One For All - Big G - Invades Vancouver (Cellar Live) [C] 8:29
The Rick Holland-Evan Dobbins Little Big Band - Stablemates - Trilby (self-released) [C] 5:17

  BREAK

Part 3

Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers - One By One - Ugetsu [Remaster] (Concord) [C] 6:17
Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers - Ping-Pong - Ugetsu [Remaster] (Concord) [C] 8:05
Monika Herzig - Georgia - Come With Me (Owlstudios) [C] 4:37
Thomas Heflin - When It's Sleepy Time Down South - Symmetry (Blue Canoe) 7:23
Thomas Heflin - Night And Day - Symmetry (Blue Canoe) 8:17
Sylvia A. Thompson - I Cover The Waterfront - Musically Yours...A Jazz Tribute (self-released) [C] 3:11
Francis Coletta / Jonas Tauber - Nica's Dream - Port Said Street (Origin) [C] 5:15
Charlie Haden Quartet West ftr. Renee Fleming - A Love Like This - Sophisticated Ladies (Emarcy) [C] 5:13
Charles Lloyd Quartet - I Fall In Love Too Easily - Mirror (ECM) 4:55

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56