[JPL] PLAYLIST "Jazz from Down Under" May 2011

Peter Kuller peter.kuller at bigpond.com
Fri May 6 01:47:45 EDT 2011

Radio Adelaide (http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au) on Digital Radio, on Line and 101.5FM

Streaming live 24/7 at http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/listenonline
Check out our Jazz Blog at http://www.radio.adelaide.edu.au/jazz
and Radio Adelaide Jazz Tweets at http://twitter.com/JazzProg1015

My Programs and Playlists for May 2011
                                                  ARTIST/Track/Album/Label      * = Australian
                                                                ** = Available at www.henk.com.au

Thu 5/05/11 "Primetime Jazz" 7pm - 9pm "Mainstream - Something Old & New"
1) MORT WEISS/The Gentle Rain/Mort Weiss meets Bill Gunliffe/SMS Jazz
2) JAE SINNETT/Bedrock/The Sinnett Hearings/J-Nett
3) STEVE GADD & FRIENDS/Sister Sadie/Live at Voce/BFM Jazz
4) MARIO GUARNERI/Bye Bye Blackbird/Tell Your Story/Independent
5) LANNY APLANALP/Rainbow Wish/Warm Winds/Autumn Down Music
6) NEAL HAIDUCK/Hey There/Montreal Meets New York/Blackwood Rec.
7) CARLOS FRANZETTI/Mombasa/Alborada/Amapola Records
8 ) LUTHER HUGHES/Sunset at Hermosa/Things Are Getting Better/Primerose Lane
9) PETE LEVIN/Jump/Jump/Pete Levin Music
10) THE NIGHT CRAWLERS/Market Place/Down The Bottom/CellarLive
11) ONE FOR ALL/Big G/One For All Invades Vancouver/CellarLive
12) JANE STUART/Moanin'/Beginning To See The Light/Independent
13) MONTY ALEXANDER/I Just Can't See For Looking/Uplift/Legacy
14) DAVE LE FEVBRE/From Soul To Soul/From Soul To Soul/Laphase Music

Fri 13/05/11 "Primetime Jazz" 7pm - 9pm "What's New" Contemporary Jazz
1) MARK ISAACS*/Emergence/Aurora/Gracemusic
2) CALLUM G'FROERER*/The Prestige Of It All/JAZZAZIZ vol 5/JAZZAZIZ
3) JOHANNES LUEBBERS*/Rumour Has It/The Exquisite Corpse of Beethoven/Listen-Hear
4) PETER PAULSEN/Compensation/Goes Without Saying/Square Peg Works
5) BOB SHEPARD/Surface Tension/Close Your Eyes/BFM Jazz
6) AKKI RISSANEN/Alterd Settings/Jazz from Finland 2011
7) RICK CUTLER/Charlotte's Roads Before Her/First Melancholy, Then the Night Stretch/New Dude
8 ) JANE IRA BLOOM/Rookie/Wingwalker/Outline
9) JOSEPH DALEY'S EARTH TONES ENS./Gula/The Seven Deadley Sins/JARO
10) MARK ISAACS*/Threnody/Aurora/Gracemusic
11) TIM STEVENS*/Lu-Bird/Scare Quotes/Rufus
12) LUKE HOWARD & JANOS BRUNEEL*/Spir/Open Road/Which Way Music
13) MADS VINDING/Someday My Prince Will Come/The Kingdom/Stunt
14) PETER PETRUCCI*/This Way Out/This Way Out/Jazzplay
15) U-STREET ALL STARS/Bass Up!/Bowling/Blue Note

Tue 17/05/11 "Jazz on The Terrace" Noon - 1pm "Jazz at Noon Light & Cool"
1) DAVID HANLON/Knuckleheads Ball/hot & sweet/Tasty Tracks
2) ELAINE AMHERD/Feel A Little Sorry For Your Self/Now and from Now On/Independent
3) LUIS CONTE/There Is Only One Love/En Casa de Luis/BFM Jazz
4) PASCALITO/Le Blues de la Fleuriste/Neostalgia/Independent
5) JESSIE MARQUEZ/Dime, Amor/All I See Is Sky/Carena Records
6) JOHN GATTI/Cotton Candy/Destinations/Independent
7) BEEGIE ADAIR/Sugar/I Love Being Here With You/Green Hill
8 ) MAD ROMANCE/The Thrill Is Gone/Aim High/MADRO
9) EMMA HAMILTON*/J'aime Paris Au Mois de Mai/La Musique/ABC Jazz
10) JANE STUART/Experiment/Don't Look Back/JSM
11) RENEE MANNING/My Baby Just Cares For Me/All Grown Up/Independent

Wed 25/05/11 "Primetime Jazz" 7pm- 9pm"Mainstream - Swing & Big band"
1) GRP ALL STARS/I Remember Clifford/10th Anniversary 1992/GRP
2) JOHN MORRISON*/Leave Us Leap/Serious Fun/Morrison Records
3) HARRY JAMES/Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea/The Great ..../Hindsight
4) THE NIGHT CRAWLERS/Going Down/Down The Bottom/CellarLive
5) RICK HOLLAND-EVAN DOBBINS LITLLE B.B./Stablemates/Trilby/Ind
6) JOHN VANORE/You Go To My Head/Contagious Words/Acoustical Concepts
7) JAMES OSBORNE*/The Organ Grinder/Playtime/NewMarket
8 ) STAN KENTON/End Of The World/All That Jazz 1/Cedar MCPS
9) JOE ZAWINUL/Fast City/European Jazz Stage/RNW
10) JAMES CARTER/Savoy Jam/European Jazz Stage/RNW
11) LIONEL HAMPTON/Flying Home/25 yrs North Sea Jazz Fest/Verve
12) DIZZY GILLESPIE/Doodlin'/25 yrs North Sea Jazz Fest/Verve
13) BUDDY RICH ORCH/In A Mellow Tone/North Sea Jazz Fest./The Hague Yrs/RNW
14) NEW COOL COLLECTIVE/Big Mondays/North Sea Jazz Fest/The Hague Yrs/RNW
15) MARIA SCHNEIDER/Bombshelter Beast/North Sea Jazz Fest/The Hague Yrs/RNW
16) TOOTS THIELEMANS/For My Lady/North Sea Jazz Fest/The Hague Yrs/RNW

Happy to receive material for future program inclusions
Please send discs to:-
Peter Kuller - Jazz Presenter Radio Adelaide
48/9 Emerald Boulevard
Aldinga Beach SA 5173
AUSTRALIA
E-mail: peter.kuller at bigpond.com