[JPL] Congratulations to Eric Jackson of WGBH

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 9 14:03:48 EDT 2011

You know, I tell my 19 year-old daughter every chance I can to find a way to do the things that she enjoys the most to fill up the minutes, hours, days, months, years of her life and she'll be a happy person.

We're not rich in money but we're some lucky guys my good brother...come see us in NYC!

Russ Davis
MOJA & VOA
www.mojaradio.com
russ at mojaradio.com

On May 9, 2011, at 12:43 PM, eric jackson wrote:

> On 05/05/2011 08:12 AM, Russ Davis wrote:
>>
>> ERIC!!!! You da man! Doing what you love for 30 years...do they call that WORK?
>
> Hey Russ,
>
> Thank you. Yes, it's work but I do call it a true labor of love! I said from the stage on Monday that I'm really fortunate to have been able to go to work doing something I love to do and to have an appreciative audience.
>

> Eric Jackson
> WGBH Boston
> Mon -Thurs 8 PM - Mid
> Sunday 10 PM - Mid.
> www.wgbh.org/listen/jazz.cfm
>

>> Russ Davis
>> MOJA&  VOA
>> www.mojaradio.com
>> russ at mojaradio.com
>>

>> On May 4, 2011, at 8:07 PM, Lee Mergner wrote:
>>

>>> I don't normally post jazz stories and news items here, since it seems
>>> to fall in the area of self-promotion, but this one concerns someone
>>> whom the JPL folks respect and love.
>>>

>>> http://jazztimes.com/articles/27593-boston-jazz-community-salutes-dj-eri
>>> c-jackson
>>>

>>> On behalf of the staff of JazzTimes, a tip of the hat to Eric Jackson,
>>> his father's son.  And I hope other jazz communities will make similar
>>> efforts to recognize the longtime radio programmers and hosts in their
>>> area.
>>>

>>> All the best,

>>> Lee Mergner
>>> Editor-in-Chief