[JPL] Playlist-Jazz with George Thomas with Gerald Wiggins, Gary Peacock, Gordon Jenkins, Burt Bacharach for Thursday, 05/12/11

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Thu May 12 23:06:41 EDT 2011

Jazz with George Thomas with Gerald Wiggins, Gary Peacock, Gordon Jenkins,
Burt Bacharach for Thursday, 05/12/11

We are in our May Membership Drive and we look to you for your financial
support - please got to VPR.net or call 1-800-639-6391. And thanks.
Tonight we celebrate the birthdays of pianist Gerald Wiggins, bassist Gary
Peacock, lyricist & composer Gordon Jenkins and composer Burt Bacharach.

Playlist

9:00pm
Baby Won't You Please Come Home
Artist Name 	Shirley Horn
Composer 	Charles Warfield, Clarence Williams
Soloists 	Shirley Horn-Vocals, Piano ; Buck Hill-Tenor Sax
CD/Album 	I Remember Miles
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 314 557 199-2
Release Year 	1998
Note 	Listener Request

9:07pm
Wives And Lovers
Artist Name 	Wes Montgomery
Composer 	Burt Bacharach, Hal David
Soloists 	Wes Montgomery-Guitar
CD/Album 	Impressions: The Verve Jazz Sides
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 314 521 690-2
Release Year 	1966
Note 	Birthday: Burt Bacharach 5.12.1928

9:10pm
What A Little Moonlight Can Do
Artist Name 	Billie Holiday
Composer 	Harry Woods
Soloists 	Billie Holiday-Vocals
CD/Album 	Jazz Masters 12
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 314 519 825-2
Release Year 	1954

9:13pm
P.S. I Love You
Artist Name 	Billie Holiday
Composer 	Gordon Jenkins, Johnny Mercer
Soloists 	Billie Holiday-Vocals
CD/Album 	Jazz Masters 12
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 314 519 825-2
Release Year 	1954
Note 	Birthday: Gordon Jenkins 5.12.1910

9:16pm
Easy To Love
Artist Name 	Gerry Wiggins
Composer 	Cole Porter
Soloists 	Gerry Wiggins-Piano
CD/Album 	Live At Maybeck Recital Hall
Record co./Cat # 	Concord Jazz 4450
Release Year 	1991
Note 	Birthday: Gerald Wiggins 5.12.1922

9:22pm
A House Is Not A Home
Artist Name 	Bill Evans Trio
Composer 	Burt Bacharach, Hal David
Soloists 	Bill Evans-Piano
CD/Album 	The Complete Fantasy Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Fantasy 1012-2
Release Year 	1977
Note 	Birthday: Burt Bacharach 5.12.1928

9:27pm
Bye Bye Blackbird
Artist Name 	Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock, Paul Motian
Composer 	Ray Henderson
Soloists 	Keith Jarrett-Piano ; Gary Peacock-Bass ; Paul Motian-Drums
CD/Album 	At The Deer Head Inn
Record co./Cat # 	ECM 1531
Release Year 	1994
Note 	Birthday: Gary Peacock 5.12.1935

9:43pm
I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart
Artist Name 	Andy Bey
Composer 	Duke Ellington, Henry Nemo, John Redmond
Soloists 	Andy Bey-Piano & Vocals
CD/Album 	Ain't Necessarily So
Record co./Cat # 	12th Street Records 9292982-2
Release Year 	2007

9:52pm
Take Love Easy
Artist Name 	Shirley Horn
Composer 	Duke Ellington, John LaTouche
Soloists 	Shirley Horn-Vocals ; Roy Hargrove-Flugelhorn
CD/Album 	May The Music Never End
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 440 076 028-2
Release Year 	2003
Note 	Listener Request

10:01pm
Body And Soul
Artist Name 	Howard Brofsky
Composer 	Green-Heyman-Sour-Eyton
Soloists 	Howard Brofsky-Trumpet ; Attila Zoller-Guitar ; Joey Baron-Drums
CD/Album 	73 Down: drbebop
Record co./Cat # 	DRBEBOP at sover.net
Release Year 	1985
Note 	In Concert: 5.21.2011 Howard Brofsky - Vermont Jazz Center, Brattleboro

10:13pm
Betting Blind
Artist Name 	Sean Smith Quartet
Composer 	Sean Smith
Soloists 	Sean Smith-Bass ; John Ellis-Tenor Sax ; John Hart-Guitar
CD/Album 	Trust
Record co./Cat # 	Smithereen Records 1001
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

10:25pm
Barbados
Artist Name 	Joe Lovano/Us Five
Composer 	Charlie Parker
Soloists 	Joe Lovano-Tenor Sax ; James Weidman-Piano ; Esperanza
Spalding-Bass
CD/Album 	Bird Songs
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 05861-2
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

10:31pm
Lullaby Of Birdland
Artist Name 	Lee Konitz, Brad Mehldau, Charlie Haden, Paul Motian
Composer 	George Shearing
Soloists 	Lee Konitz-Alto Sax ; Brad Mehldau-Piano ; Charlie Haden-Bass ;
Paul Motian-Drums
CD/Album 	Live At Birdland
Record co./Cat # 	ECM 2162
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

10:44pm
Cool Green
Artist Name 	Benny Green
Composer 	Kenny Drew
Soloists 	Benny Green-Piano
CD/Album 	Source
Record co./Cat # 	Jazz Legacy Productions 1001014
Release Year 	2011
Note 	New

10:50pm
The Seeker