[JPL] JazzWeek Summit 2011: Register Now -- Hotel Reservations close May 16

Ken Irwin - WMUA Jazz Music Dir. ken-irwin at comcast.net
Fri May 13 10:14:34 EDT 2011

Ed,

Last month, on April 15th one of my favorite days, I was in an accident while driving my motorcycle when a motorist decided to cut in front of me with no signal. I obliged him and smashed into his Honda Accord. The last month has been a painful one of recovery and recuperation. Thanks to a good helmet, leather protective clothing, 40 years of riding experience, and a clear head I was able to minimize the impact of the collision and escaped with a few broken ribs, some road rash, and blunt force trauma on my hip knee and shoulde; What I like to refer to as a "sprained right side of the body." Recovery is a slow process but I am getting better every day. I had a goal to be back in good form for the Summit. Went to the doc the other day, things are going well, and today I made my reservation at the hotel and for the Summit. Gotta' have goals! I am psyched and looking forward to seeing you and all the other "kindred spirits" in Rochester.

Peace,

Ken

Ken Irwin
Jazz Music Director and Host of "Java Jazz"
WMUA - FM
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
105 Lincoln Campus Center
Amherst, MA 01003