[JPL] Too Much Product?

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Fri May 13 11:43:41 EDT 2011

You are so RIGHT and even labels having competing releases.  I remember
a while back Origin had multiple TRUMPET releases in the same package.
I also see currently the new Benny Green, really good, having to compete
with the #1 CD of Monty Alexander on the same label.  It is not good
business for the label and certainly not in the best interest of radio.
Maybe all they care about are retail sales and that is not so impacted
when buyers just go looking for their favorite artists.  I would have
spaced these two releases out more to get maximum airplay but what do I
know?
ALOHA
Tom