[JPL] Too Much Product?

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 12:26:43 EDT 2011

I think it's clear Neal. It's not about the label. It's about the quanity of
great music but that said...if I understand what you're saying... if Motema puts
out 10 good records...we should only play them and ignore the "other" good
music that just happen to be on other labels? Now if those 10 where the only
good jazz out at that time then it would be a party for Motema. That's not the
case and rarely is but it goes back to my point of the material getting
play...but with fewer spins. Talking about quality is a subjective argument
anyway. For me it's trying to give as much of a shot to all the great jazz
released within the time frame alotted... which consequently does a great
service to the listeners.

Jae