[JPL] Too Much Product?

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:37:04 EDT 2011

I can totally understand where Jae is coming on this one - in fact in the
extreme some people would say that if you want to play the "best" music, you
would concentrate on "classic reissues" of tried and true quality music!
Speaking for myself, I want to support the music from several different
aspects, quality, variety, context (regional scenes, history, communities of
musicians who collaborate and make good music together), support for local
artists and venues, and support to make good music viable in the
marketplace.

N.

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM, <newworldjz at aol.com> wrote:

> I don't understand why. If your commitment is to program the best music
> that you receive that fits with your programming philosophy then the label
> should be of no concern. It would seem to me that if you choose a CD based
> on what label it is on as oppose to the quality of the music then you are
> doing your listeners a disservice.
>

> New World N Jazz Marketing, Promotion and Consulting
> 1188 Grizzly Peak Blvd
> Berkeley,CA 94708
> ph: 510 705-1660
> fax: 510 705-1698