[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 05-13-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Fri May 13 16:01:01 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 05-13-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Sonny Rollins - Skylark - Milestone Profiles (Milestone) 10:17
Karrin Allyson - Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most - 'Round Midnight (Concord) [C] 6:38
Bill Anschell - I'm Getting Sentimental Over You - Figments (Origin) [C] 3:12

  BREAK

Part 2

Gretchen Parlato - Holding Back The Years - The Lost And Found (ObliqSound) [C] 3:47
Susie Meissner - The Nearness Of You - I'm Confessin' (LydianJazz) [C][a] 6:28
Chuck Deardorf - Alone Together - Transparence (Origin) [C] 7:22
Andrea Wood - Someday My Prince Will Come - Dhyana (self-released) [C][a] 7:36
Andrea Wood - Chega De Saudade - Dhyana (self-released) [C][a] 4:35
Rebirth Brass Band - I Like It Like That - Rebirth Of New Orleans (Basin Street) [C] 4:35
Monty Alexander - Jammin' - Stir It Up: The Music Of Bob Marley (Telarc) 6:16
Monty Alexander w/ Ernest Ranglin - Double Barrel - Rocksteady (Telarc) 4:56
Will Scruggs Jazz Fellowship - Redemption Song - Bluebari Jam (Summit) 4:14
Jazz Jamaica - Dewey Square - Double Barrel (Hannibal/Rykodisc) 4:17

  BREAK

Part 3

  Gretchen Parlato interview encore

Eric Reed - 'Round Midnight - The Dancing Monk (Savant) [C] 6:54
Eric Reed - Blue Monk - The Dancing Monk (Savant) [C]
Joe Lovano Us Five - Dewey Square - Bird Songs (Blue Note) [C] 8:25

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56