[JPL] Too Much Product?/ Origin

Tom Marcello tom at joelocke.com
Sat May 14 12:57:50 EDT 2011

Hello All,

  I'm glad that John Bishop told his point of view, and I want to add
that Origin is not the sole decision maker of when releases are made
on Origin.
Origin is in some sense a "partner" in each release with the Artist,
and the Artist may have their own professional reasons ( touring
dates especially) that help determine when the release date is. I
might add, that the Artist retains ownership of the product that is
provided to Origin.

That said, I can only say that all programmers should focus on
excellent and moving music and let the chips fall where they may.
Keep in mind what drew you to the music, on a emotional level, in the
first place and you will make that connection with your listeners.

I'm looking forward to see many of you next month at JazzWeek!

Best,

Tom

Tom Marcello
Manager / Joe Locke