[JPL] TOO MUCH PRODUCT

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 14:04:46 EDT 2011

The other part of this is that it saddens me knowing that folks aren't going to
become familiar with an artist based on one, two or three spins a week. In
marketing 101 they tell you people need to hear something at least three times
before something starts to register. In jazz...because of it's instrumental
complexity... sound tends to run together in listeners ears so they really can't
tell you who is playing what...for the most part. A seasoned listener might but
even they do at times.  A lot of it sounds the same to them. I also try to help
some artists each week...in that I do get a few recordings...based on what I
think is the level of quality and uniqueness and focus a little more on them
with number of spins...particularly artists people haven't heard much about like
Malika Zarra, Hiroe Sekine, Sean Jones, etc. Some of these artists without big
marquee names that "I" think are really doing some interesting things
musically. Obviously I can't do this with all because they're simply are too
many but I do my best in trying to help develop names.

Jae Sinnett