[JPL] WCPN Jazz Playlist 5/15

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon May 16 09:34:01 EDT 2011

Here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCPN in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid

Gordon Goodwin    Hunting Wabbits 3   That's How We Roll    Concord

Tempest Little Big Band   Thermo   'Round Midnight                 Tempest
Jazz

Freddie Hubbard   The Intrepid Fox         Red Clay                      CTI

Diego Urcola     The Natural                Appreciation
CamJazz

Roberto Magris      Party Time         Morgan Rewind                   JMood

Heath Brothers       Changes                 Endurance
Jazz Legacy

Mason Brothers      Outside In     Two Sides One Story
Archival Recordings

1:00AM

Jaki Byard        Sunday   Live at the Keystone Korner Vol. 2      High Note

Monty Alexander   I Just Can't See for Lookin'    Uplift             Jazz
Legacy

Jessica Williams      Freedom Trane                (same)
Origin

Lisa Hilton                   Blue Truth                 Underground
Ruby Slippers

J. D. Allen    The Thirsty Ear; The Hungry Eye    Victory
Sunnyside

Walt Weiskopf            Breakdown                       Live
Capri

Benjamin Drazen       Kickin' Up Dirt            Inner Flights
Positone

2:00AM

REDS           Cambodia                                  Sign of Four
Origin

Larry Coryell - Kenny Drew    Nostalgia in Times Square

Duality               Random Records

Avery Sharpe      Running Man                         (same)
JKNM

Rahsaan Roland Kirk   My Girl   Brotherman in the Fatherland   Hyena

Rahsaan Roland Kirk    New Orelans Fantasy

                                                         The Man Who Cried
Fire      Hyena

World Saxophone Quartet    The River Niger    Yes We Can       Jazzwerkstatt

Ambrose Akinmusire    Confessions to My Unborn Daughter

                                        When the Heart Emerges Glistening
Blue Note

3:00AM

Jochen Rueckert   The Sorcerer    Somewhere Meeting Nobody  Pirouet

Jazz Pistols       Three Views of a Secret           Superstring
Cherrytown

Curt Hanrahan   Three in One/A Child is Born    Souljourner       BluJazz

One for All        For Cedar             .Invades Vancouver
Cellar Live

Jerry Bergonzi        Mr. Higgins               Convergence
Savant

Lynne Arriale         Here and Now           Convergence
Motema

4:00AM

BANN      Played Twice                       As You Like
Jazz Eyes

Thelonious Monk   Four in One

                                         Big Band and Quartet in Concert
Columbia

Helen Sung            Lotus Blossom        Going Express
Sunnyside

Terell Stafford         Lana Turner    This Side of Strayhorn
MaxJazz

Dutch Jazz Orchestra   Pentonsillic   Portrait of a Silk Thread     Radio
Nederland

Johnny Hodges      Take the "A" Train     Complete Verve          Mosaic

5:00AM

Rufus Reid        Hues of a Different Blue          (same)
Motema

Northcoast Jazz Collective    Blues for Rochester

                                                                Cleveland
Splendor        Northcoast

Ken Peplowski        In Flower            In Search of.
Capri

Karrin Allyson   Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most

                                                                'Round
Midnight           Concord

Rene Marie         Strange Meadowlark

                                                 Voice of My Beautiful
Country    Motema

Ron Westray - Thomas Heflin    One Hand Clap

                                                                 Live from
Austin           Blue Canoe

Debbie Poryes - Bruce Williamson    Moment's Notice

                                                                        Two
and Fro           OA 2

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com