[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 05-16-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Mon May 16 16:02:21 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 05-16-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Terell Stafford - Raincheck - This Side Of Strayhorn (MaxJazz) [C] 7:56
Irvin Mayfield - w/ Wynton Marsalis - Blue Dawn - A Love Letter To New Orleans (Basin Street) [c][a] 8:08
Benny Green - Cool Green - Source (JLP) [C] 6:08

  BREAK

Part 2

Brad Mehldau - Lilac Wine - Live In Marciac (Nonesuch) [C] 9:19
Ingrid Jensen - Everything I Love - At Sea (self-released) 9:12
Ingrid Jensen - Swotterings - At Sea (self-released) 10:00
Redman / Parks / Penman/ Harland - Star Crossed - James Farm (Nonesuch) [C] 7:15
The John Brown Trio - Solitude - Dancing With Duke (Brown Boulevard) [C] 9:20
Kermit Ruffins - If I Only Had A Brain - Happy Talk (Basin Street) [C] 9:11
Daniel Smith - Manteca - Bassoon Goes Latin Jazz (Summit) [C] 3:46

  BREAK

Part 3

The Andy Jaffe Sextet - Manhattan Projections - Manhattan Projections (Stash) 6:23
The Andy Jaffe Sextet - Samba de Saudade - Manhattan Projections (Stash) 8:46
Milt Jackson - Opus De Funk - Opus De Jazz (Savoy) 13:29
Milt Jackson - You Leave Me Breathless - Opus De Jazz (Savoy) 6:29
Gretchen Parlato - The Lost And Found - The Lost And Found (ObliqSound) [C] 4:40
Karrin Allyson - Smile - 'Round Midnight (Concord) [C] 4:54
Sylvia Thompson - We'll Be Together Again - Musically Yours...A Jazz Tribute (self-released) [C] 4:42

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56